No announcement yet.

Hymns a swinging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

reissue of hymns arrived today, and to be honest i wish i'd have saved my money and waited for a copy for 50p, the best tracks are the ones on the trunk ressurection comp which i all ready own.
    I want to go to the land of ooog!

Comment

A cd complilation featuring songs from 'Sound Sensational' and 'Smooth' would be worth it. Both excellent releases.

I don't know where the dividing line is between a post-modern curiousity or genuine interest in this kind of thing. I guess I started in the former and ended up in the latter.

'Hymns a Swinging' can be found on Play and Amazon. I'll have to grab a copy. Gotta Love it..
      www.myspace.com/edrum

Comment

..and on spotify..
        www.raysmith.bz

www.mixcloud.com/COSMICSLOP/

Comment

Any Takers?

kraut rock ist nicht tot!
          http://www.myspace.com/andyvotel
          http://www.myspace.com/voteldesign

Comment

always wanted a night that was named Holy Thursday
            rick wakeman´s keyboard

Comment

Originally posted by wickerman View Post
              always wanted a night that was named Holy Thursday

Never mind, Jens.
              SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by primeporkycut View Post
                A cd complilation featuring songs from 'Sound Sensational' and 'Smooth' would be worth it. Both excellent releases.

I don't know where the dividing line is between a post-modern curiousity or genuine interest in this kind of thing. I guess I started in the former and ended up in the latter.

'Hymns a Swinging' can be found on Play and Amazon. I'll have to grab a copy. Gotta Love it..
                I take it all back. My copy arrived today. It's awful. Four voices instead of the usual six. No mention of Mike on the credits.
                It doesn't sound like Mike's usually splendid vocal arrangments either. This could be ANY singing group. I'm sure other key members are missing too.
                It lacks the sparkle of the usual crew. Shakey band arrangements and bad production.
                OK, I knew it was going to be 'quirky' but.....REALLY! Sorry chaps. Was it worth the trouble to reissue this?? Odd choice.
                *hyperventilates*

Ed
                www.myspace.com/edrum

Comment

Originally posted by primeporkycut View Post
                  I take it all back. My copy arrived today. It's awful. Four voices instead of the usual six. No mention of Mike on the credits.
                  It doesn't sound like Mike's usually splendid vocal arrangments either. This could be ANY singing group. I'm sure other key members are missing too.
                  It lacks the sparkle of the usual crew. Shakey band arrangements and bad production.
                  OK, I knew it was going to be 'quirky' but.....REALLY! Sorry chaps. Was it worth the trouble to reissue this?? Odd choice.
                  *hyperventilates*

Ed
                  I think to release this records secret charm is to find an original for 10 bob and get home to discover the greatness that is 'He who would valiant be' etc etc I think it's amazingly produced for a record of its ilk - Reissue ? I think there is a lot more people that would fall in love with this recording if they heard it and i reckon that's a good thing me
                  SECRET RUSSIAN ROMANTIC GUITAR PSYCH BREAKS

Comment

Originally posted by TOWNY View Post
                    I think to release this records secret charm is to find an original for 10 bob and get home to discover the greatness that is 'He who would valiant be' etc etc I think it's amazingly produced for a record of its ilk - Reissue ? I think there is a lot more people that would fall in love with this recording if they heard it and i reckon that's a good thing me
                    I think it's charm lies in what it isn't - which is a very good Sammes record.
                    Yes, it has it's moments and is very much of the period but I suspect Sammes had double-booked himself and opted for the Spangles jingle job at Pye rather than appear on this.

Ed
                    www.myspace.com/edrum

Comment

Working...
                    X