Moog film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moog film

Sorry if this is common knowledge or has already been posted.

I got spammed with an ad for the OST today, so here goes anyway:

Moog - The Movie

PS If anyone's near the Landan branch of Selectadisc, check for the Serge Gainsbourg EP with La Horse, I picked up the last one at Nottingham's branch today for a measly £1.99.
    Jet Boy stole my baby.

I got sent a promo CD of it. If you're in Sheffield, the doc is playing there sometime around now at a film festival.
    http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

Originally posted by [b
      Quote[/b] (ladyboygrimsby @ Nov. 09 2004,18:35)]If you're in Sheffield, the doc is playing there sometime around now at a film festival.
      yeah, it's at the showroom on thursday at 9pm, i'll definately be checking it out!

Comment

went to see the moog documentary last night, well worth checking out if you get the chance...pretty interesting look at robert moog and his work, could have done with a bit more music in it though, what there was wasn't too hot (a pretty useless contribution from money mark and keith emerson soloing/wanking didn't really do it for me...) but overall a pretty decent film...

Comment

I made it up to Sheff last Saturday. Record Collector has some really nice bits in, but their prices are too rich for my blood at the mo. Give it a while (a loooooong while) and wait for them to do the 66% off thing again I reckon.

Gutted about Sumo.

But consoled by the Continental Market and the lovely biscuits and cakes from Normandy. Especially the waffles smothered in chocolate.
          Jet Boy stole my baby.

Comment

i got that moog DVD although i havent had a chance to check it yet. along with was a DVD called Made in Sheffield. Its about the Sheffield music scene in the late 70's early 80's. i liked it and learned about bands i never knew of before.

Comment

Originally posted by charlie bucket
              i got that moog DVD although i havent had a chance to check it yet. along with was a DVD called Made in Sheffield. Its about the Sheffield music scene in the late 70's early 80's. i liked it and learned about bands i never knew of before.
              Which bands? Is it acts like The future and Vice Versa? Is it commercially available?
              http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

yeah. those kinds of bands. they talked to human league, the extras, heaven 17 and some others. the film is about an hour. but there is over and hour of other interviews on the DVD that i havent watched yet. also with it is a CD (note to be bought it doesnt come with) and the CD features both of those bands and others. i really enjoy it the CD and DVD. i found a website for it using google http://www.sheffieldvision.com/ the version i have isnt pal and its through plexifilm

Comment

its playin newcastle at the "tyneside cinema" at the back end of this month...
                  "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Working...
                  X