Messages from previous owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Messages from previous owners

Does anyone else have examples of bizarre messages from previous owners? Some examples I've got:

A bunch of 70s reggae 45s with 'MAKE GIRLS WET', 'SEXY MUSIC', 'GOOD SEX SONG' scrawled on the label

Some Brazil/Jazz stuff I got in Hamburg. The stopwatch toting previous owner had crossed out the track timings, and helpfully filled in the exact timings of each track. Every single one. He put a satisfied tick when the listing was correct.

A poorly drawn naked man standing next to Shiela B as she kneels on the beach on the picture sleeve of 'Spacer'. He is saying 'Go on. Suck it'. There is also a sticker of ET on the label, reinforcing the space theme.

Some bastard had scratched RUBBISH into the grooves of Mickey and the Soul Generation's 'Football' with a coin. I didn't discover this till I got it home. 'Joint Session' still plays OK, though.
    Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

i have a copy of young senators "ringing bells" with the words "coochie coochie" & love hearts in pencil over the label. makes it sound even better!
    High on my own supply.

Comment

I've got several libraries with 'never play this record' written on the back.
      Matt Hero

Comment

Great thread.

The cover of an old copy of the 'Tough Guys' OST I used to own had the engravings of one gentleman's several attempts at writing a love letter, which in some places went into quite specific detail of his desired actions towards her. Had to get rid of it.. made me feel all mucky.
        Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

I got so much stuff and gobbledegook written on a load of records I got from defunct radio stations in the US, I wouldn't know where to start.

I'll up the ante a tad and say who's got anything actually written on the vinyl itself?

One radio station hit I had wrote comments with a chinagraph pencil onto the wax, indicating which track to play and the tempo and style the highlighted track was.

???? or ???

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] (vibra @ Nov. 10 2004,14:22)]Great thread.

The cover of an old copy of the 'Tough Guys' OST I used to own had the engravings of one gentleman's several attempts at writing a love letter, which in some places went into quite specific detail of his desired actions towards her. Had to get rid of it.. made me feel all mucky.
            I once had a copy of the Tough Guys OST with a hairy knob scrawled on in biro... I also had a load of Harry Stoneham's with 'to Ted, love Ruth' on them... ah good old Ted, he did love his Hammond bless him.
            Official Old School UK Hip Hop T-Shirts available at www.stylewarrior.co.uk

Comment

think i told this story before - i once saw some noel cowerd LP and had to pick it up because of the back-scrawling...

basically, the sleevenotes told of all the prestigious places that noel had played - royal albert hall, carnegie, you name it, it was there. the previous owner was obviously a maniac supper-club singer because he had crossed out the words 'noel cowerd' and put his own name instead, then crossed out all the prestigious venues and replaced them with places like 'cavendish's wine lodge' and 'the banana grove' etc.

pure gold.  

Comment

There was a good thread earlier this year on similar lines. Someone had a good one where someone had written a note to their mum on the inner sleeve of an lp, asking her to video something while they went down the pub. Sadly I had nothing juicy to contribute.
                Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

I've think I've posted this up before but my mate Chris' copy of 'Big Terror Movie Theme's' had the message 'Mum don't turn off the video, I'm taping Jaws and I've gone round to Darren's' on the inner sleeve. The sleeve was also contained a wee stash of cut out page 3 stunnas - class!

Who had the record which said - 'if you play this you will die'?
                  "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (LDJB @ Nov. 10 2004,15:17)]I've think I've posted this up before but my mate Chris' copy of 'Big Terror Movie Theme's' had the message 'Mum don't turn off the video, I'm taping Jaws and I've gone round to Darren's' on the inner sleeve. The sleeve was also contained a wee stash of cut out page 3 stunnas - class!
                    Thats the one. I forgot about the stunnas.
                    Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Telly Savalas on my copy of 'Who Loves Ya Baby' sports a fetching afro done in blue fountain pen.

I've also got several TOTP LPs with the girls' teeth blacked out or the nipples drawn in..........(not by me, I hasten to add&#33

Comment

Some kid scribbled "Asshole' 'Bitch' and 'Sticky smoker' on my Houseband inner-sleeve pics. At least I hope it was a kid.

Comment

i have a copy of dennis coffeys' 'it's your thing'45 with the names Janet,kim,mary,& about 3 or 4 others i can't quite make out.wondering if it's some guys conquest list or maybe a whole buncha groovy schoolkids clubbed together to buy it??
                          Work on a dream.....and get it done!

Comment

My most recent fave was a Barry Blue LP. Okay, I know. I bought it for "Rosetta Stone" which is a sort of glam-funk hybrid tune....

Anyhow, the previous owner had painstakingly transcribed the lyrics for each song onto a block of pale blue Basildon Bond note paper which was found tucked into the sleeve. Later, he (anyone want to argue about whether this was a male?) had gone back and added his verdict on  each tune in different coloured felt pen ("very good", "fantastic", "v.good", "fair (crossed out and amended to) very good", "quite good" "very good"... you get the picture).

So far so "very good" but when it came to the song "Queen of Hearts" our little friend goes on the record with "dont like!!!! not recording words!!!!" and in the different coloured felt tipped pen "terrible!!!".

I know it's not much of a punchline (and not a patch on the Noel Cowerd one) but it had me pals and me in stitches when we found it....

(Barry, if you are tuning in, don't take it personal, mate).
                            Endless Tripe

Comment

My Foster Sylvers LP has previously been owned by Enoch Powell as he's written some racist comments on Fosters forehead on the back cover!

My Bob Dylan Blonde on Blonde LP has some romantic kryptic messages written in the gatefold sleeve, in beautiful hand writing. Could almost be by the hand of Dylan, now how much on ebay can I get for that?
                              "Don't get involved in the f**kin' chat pages. It's just full of arseholes talkin' sh*te non-stop"

Comment

Working...
                              X