Hammond organ and moog synthesizerhammond organ an

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hammond organ and moog synthesizerhammond organ an

Why is "HAMMOND ORGAN AND MOOG SYNTHESIZER" by MIKE CARR so sought after? I've seen the track listing and only "Spinning Wheel" stuck out as a decent tune. I've seen it on lists for stoopid money - why??

Also can anyone recommend any more Ad-Rhythm lps to look out for?

I have "A Fresh Look At Love" by Tony Back which has a hip hop version of Scarbourgh Fair (no kidding), "Electronic Organs Today - vol2" comp, "Yamaha Superstar" by Koichi Oki with the mental version of Spinning Wheel and "Baldwin Soul" by Hal Vincent which is an absolute blinder of an LP - look out for the June chart!

As I said any others worth copping? Any info much appreciated.
    "..hole...road...middle thereof"

'Hammond Hits Back' - Tony Back. Corking version of 'Working In The Coalmine'. I've got a signed copy of 'A Fresh Look...' too, and the version of 'Michelle' is amazing!

I like 'Latin Hammond' by John Dales as well, but that might be a bit 'easy' for some people.

I also have three of the Ad Rhythm EPs of just drum tracks (for the home organist to play along with) too.

Comment

I've had a 7" by Keith Beckingham (signed copy) on my trades list for a while now - versions of 'Love Is Blue/She Wears My Ring', OK, but nothing to really flip over, to be honest. I've also heard one of the comps (maybe vol 1 0r 2, can't remember now). And - Lord thames noted in another thread - the Fontana 'Hammond & The Golden Hits' is probably by Tony Back (& has a corking 'Music To Watch Girls By': in fact the hammond is strong throughout, IMO, but elsewhere the percussion lets things down a little). I'm under the possibly not wholly accurate impression (from the insert that came with the Beckingham 7&quot that Ad Rhythm basically did demo records and promos for the various electronic keyboard instruments featured on the LPs rather than record releases as such...
      a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (LDJB @ 20 May 2003,22:45)]and "Baldwin Soul" by Hal Vincent which is an absolute blinder of an LP - look out for the June chart!

As I said any others worth copping? Any info much appreciated.
        I managed to cop this recently as well - totally agree, with 'Finger Sauce' doing exactly what it says on the sleeve. Superb funky organ antics!
        Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

Hmmm, I have another Mike Carr LP (the name escapes me) that I was a little nonplussed by too. I picked it up for a quid, didn't too much of it and have since seen £25 asked for it (I think some track with 'Friends' in the title was flagged as the reason).

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

there are a couple of rather nice Mike Carr (brother of the Nucleus chap donchaknow&#33 albums about...

http://www.vinylvulture.co.uk/pages/...mains_spin.htm

http://www.vinylvulture.co.uk/pages/easy-anth-2.htm

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              That's the badger...
              You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (wayne @ 21 May 2003,02:36)]I'm under the possibly not wholly accurate impression (from the insert that came with the Beckingham 7&quot that Ad Rhythm basically did demo records and promos for the various electronic keyboard instruments featured on the LPs rather than record releases as such...
                I think a lot of that probably went on - there are a number of showcase releases like Bryan Rodwell's 'Hammond Concorde' LP, and 'The Wright Sound of Farfisa' which seem to be as much plugs for the manufacturers as LPs for listening. But I think they were properly released as well.

The Jacksons (not Michael, Tito and Germaine, the Rickmansworth ones&#33 who were responsible for the label also did some organ recordings for other labels, like 'Mellow Fruitfulness' on Columbia, and 'Hammond A La Latin' on Davjon.

Their main stock-in trade was the play-along EPs of drum tracks I mentioned earlier - they enabled the Keith Beckingham wannabe to 'add rhythm' to his playing, and that's where the Ad-Rhythm name came from.

Another good one I forgot (and don't have, but I know someone who does) is 'Love Sensations' by Harold Smart, which has an interesting version of the theme from 'UFO'.

Comment

Working...
                X