Burning cd's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burning cd's

Lots of swearing going on in my household tonight!! I've been trying to burn my copies for the swap and am getting a little frustrated with my progess. I'm burning using Real Player but more often than not (7 burnt fine, 9 wasted CD's!!!!!!!&#33 the burning process is failing. Any ideas why this works sometimes and not others??

I've tried switching off most other programmes and I've tried burning at different speeds.

Somebody help, at this rate this is going to cost me a fortune in wasted CD's.

Real player's a bit dodgy,have you tried using your windows media player?probably get on better
    Work on a dream.....and get it done!

Comment

I use Roxio Toast Lite and it's absolutely fine - it just seems to do it without any problems.
      We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

ahead nero. faultless.
        www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (john stapleton @ Nov. 15 2004,23:32)]I use Roxio Toast Lite and it&#39;s absolutely fine - it just seems to do it without any problems.
          same here, never had any problems with Toast.

Comment

Toast is propably the best in the market. Mac users can safely use iTunes and those built in OS X burners which work perfectly every single time

Comment

You can get a copy of Nero for a fiver here
              It could well be that your CD Burner is not working properly.
              Don't call it a comeback... H, N, and the number 7.
              Ok, it's a bit of a comeback, I suppose...

Comment

Next question......is there any way of salvaging the half written CDR&#39;s or do I have to scrap them??

Comment

bin.
                  www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Thanks Serms.....I think&#33;&#33;

Right I&#39;m curently downloading Nero, hope that works. How do I get a CD onto my hard Drive? Real Player asks if you want to save the play list, does Nero do the same??

Sorry for being so completely and utterly crap, any help much appreciated.

Comment

Mark, with Nero (and most likely the other apps too), you just tell it you want to create an Audio CD, enter the cd you want to copy from and drag the tracks onto the blank area for creating your new cd. Once you&#39;re happy with your tracklisting, then enter a blank cd and burn. It&#39;s pretty simple.

The application takes care of ripping the tracks from the CD and stores them as temporary files. You can, if you wish, then save this new tracklisting on your PC for future use - a single audio CD will not be more that 750MB (approx) in size.

Hope that helps.
                      Matt Hero

Comment

Cheers Guys, downloaded a free version of Nero and everything is going swimmingly&#33;&#33;&#33;

Comment

I&#39;ve used the same copy of Nero for years and never had any problems with it. It&#39;s probably the most reliable piece of software I&#39;ve ever used. Real on the other hand make the worst software I&#39;ve enountered. I use a Real Alternative player if I have to play a real file. Less crappy software and no spyware. A friend of mine bought a Real Player and got double charged on his credit card. They&#39;re just wankers through and through.

I love mornings.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                            Quote[/b] (Blighty @ Nov. 17 2004,09:50)]I love mornings.  
                            I fucking hate &#39;em. Especially this one.

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Working...
                            X