Xmas swap help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xmas swap help needed

Darn, I still haven't decided what to put on my mix... Everyone seems to have solid selections.

It's your call now, since I have four different comps in my mind and I'm doing it on Saturday:

1. Obscure Finnish stuff like last time (more progressive and some electronic shit)
    2. Cool jazz with nice beats (Finnish, Polish, Estonian etc.)
    3. Jamaican stuff (Studio One rarities etc.)
    4. Other obscure stuff all around the world (Turkish beats, Latin American psych etc.)

Please, help me

A mixture of 1, 3 and 4 with a wee dod of 2 please.
    "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Originally posted by [b
      Quote[/b] (amino @ Nov. 18 2004,21:28)]Darn, I still haven't decided what to put on my mix... Everyone seems to have solid selections.

It's your call now, since I have four different comps in my mind and I'm doing it on Saturday:

1. Obscure Finnish stuff like last time (more progressive and some electronic shit)
      4. Other obscure stuff all around the world (Turkish beats, Latin American psych etc.)

Please, help me

One of these would be boss, or a mixture of the 2

Comment

I have a particular fondness for the funky reggae, but I also like the placebo style braeks

Comment

Personally 1 or 2

I really don't like most stuff I've heard from the islands. Jackie Mittoo, Boris Gardner & Blue Rhythm Combo included.

Edutainment from Europe would be ace.

Comment

1,2 or 4

Comment

yeah, i'd like 2 and 4 and a little bit of 1 (are there really that much to be included after your first cd?)

have to agree with belson, jackie mittoos play on the keys is _very_ cheesy. but if you have some nice reggae with jazzy chord-progressions go ahead i'd say. do you guys know any reggae of this kind? preferably as close to cedric brooks as possible

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (amino @ Nov. 18 2004,21:28)]1. Obscure Finnish stuff like last time (more progressive and some electronic shit)
                Now to be really pedantic....

Does 2 mean Cool Jazz (e.g post Birth of The Cool) or other jazz that you happen to like and therefore label as cool?

With 4 does Turkish beats mean old psych stuff like Erkin Koray or new electronic/hip hop basedstuff like 25/BZ? If you mean the first it sounds very much my thing.

That said they all sound good and I think a solid style is a good idea even if its really widely defined. It'll probably give a comp greater listneing appeal into the future. I like Studio One stuff a lot but have plenty of it (though not nessecarily many obscure bits) so maybe not so keen on that.

Thats probably not much help.
                Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

I'd vote reggae because pretty much every CD's gonna be funk. Be nice to have something different for those who like it. That said the Finnish stuff you did last time was superb.

Comment

I was blown away by most of the stuff on the Easter CD so would request 1 and/or 2... can't get enough
                    www.myspace.com/thecromagnonband

http://www.wolfpeople.co.uk

Comment

I'm open to anything - really looking forward to receiving my set of mix cds as I know I'm going to be hearing a shed load of stuff that I've never come across before, and probably never would if it wasn't for the swap

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] ]I really don't like most stuff I've heard from the islands. Jackie Mittoo, Boris Gardner & Blue Rhythm Combo included.
                        Best skip the end of my CD then Mr B.
                        "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Hmmm....you have a tough choice Mr Amino.  I suggest you do all four mixes, send them to me, I'll give each one a listen and then let you know what I feel is the best  

Push comes to shove, option 1 sounds interesting.
                          records - one a week mixcloud
                          records - one a week soundcloud

Comment

I like the idea of 3. as it'll be more unique in the big pile of things... but then again no. 2 would tickle my fancy big time.
                            Official Old School UK Hip Hop T-Shirts available at www.stylewarrior.co.uk

Comment

Thanks everyone. I'll think that I'll have a clear view now. Now you just have to wait and see what I'll post up on Sunday

Comment

Working...
                              X