Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Galt mcdermot - "nucleus"

Hey...

More OG copies of this from Galt's basement for sale at dustygroove.com. US$14.99 apiece.

I'd recommend it, though it's not club material if that's what you're after.

Also Hair Cuts (which is also pretty good) and "La Novela", which I don't know much about and is for some reason more expensive. I'm gonna take a punt on the latter anyway.

AS the self proclaimed 2nd Biggest Galt Fan (Egon being #1) I give my vote of confidence to all of these LP's especially Haircuts & Nucleus. Haircuts has a much more raw sound than most other versions of this soundtrack, and come complete with Drumming from Leo Morris (Idris Muhammad) and funky bassplay from Jimmy Lewis.

Nucleus does have the great track "duffer" but on top of the music I think the art work on the album is just incredible, and at those prices you just got to pick one up, I may just get me some doubles.

Comment

Cheers for the heads up Formigo! Made sure to put my order in straight away this time. And I'm already kicking myself that I didn't add a La Novela to the basket - look at the line up! - but then I've already gone overboard on (in?) the 'Bay this week. Let us know how it is...

And how does Hair Cuts compare to the First Natural Hair Band Funky Guzzo?
      You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (Rich Hero @ 21 May 2003,10:51)]Cheers for the heads up Formigo! Made sure to put my order in straight away this time. And I'm already kicking myself that I didn't add a La Novela to the basket - look at the line up! - but then I've already gone overboard on (in?) the 'Bay this week. Let us know how it is...

And how does Hair Cuts compare to the First Natural Hair Band Funky Guzzo?
        Will do!

Damn, I've managed to resist buying records on-line for a *long* while now, but that was too much! Also got the live LP from 2000, seeing as it was only a fiver!

I can't believe you didn't order La Novela.

manzo
        Don't call it a comeback... H, N, and the number 7.
        Ok, it's a bit of a comeback, I suppose...

Comment

You can't believe it because I never show any restraint* or because I'm a Galt fiend?  I'll have to rely on you having ordered one and then 'borrow' it at some point.

*Despite which, you know how often I leave something and then go "Damn!"...
          You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] (Rich Hero @ 21 May 2003,02:51)]...And how does Hair Cuts compare to the First Natural Hair Band Funky Guzzo?
            Ahhh you've found my big shame. Outside of "Ripped open by metal explosions I haven't heard anything off this LP. I can tell you that Haircuts is a live performance though and comes with winners on Let the Sun shine in and several other gorgeous tracks. The best track to me is "Hare Krishna", over half of the track is a drum solo by Idris Muhammad that goes on and on, eventually joined back in Galts soft piano tone. I just put it on while in mid-description and I'm relaizing maybe I should pick up a double.

Comment

If it makes you feel any better, Rich, Dusty have sold out of La Novela, so I ain't getting one either.

manzo
              Don't call it a comeback... H, N, and the number 7.
              Ok, it's a bit of a comeback, I suppose...

Comment

on the quick tip - the 'up from the basement' vol 1 is a fine LP, haven't heard vol.2 - maybe someone else can shed some light on it - but back to 1, it has ROBME and quite a few other tasty cuts - one of the tunes on there was ripped by french hip hop crew TTC big time on their LP ..

rightO

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (rolex baxter @ 21 May 2003,16:05)]on the quick tip - the 'up from the basement' vol 1 is a fine LP, haven't heard vol.2 - maybe someone else can shed some light on it - but back to 1, it has ROBME and quite a few other tasty cuts - one of the tunes on there was ripped by french hip hop crew TTC big time on their LP ..

rightO
                  Volume 2 is just as good as Volume 1
                  DD-203 is my favorite track there, but I love the kitchy coolness of a the commercial spot jingle "Cool it with Contac".
                  If you need further rants and raves about this you can check my review of the Up From the Basement release on www.Hiphopsite.com under the "In The Deck" Section.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (manzo @ 21 May 2003,22:51)]If it makes you feel any better, Rich, Dusty have sold out of La Novela, so I ain't getting one either.  

manzo
                    SNOOZE = LOOZE SUCKARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRZ!!!!

Right, that's that out of my system.

Apparently it is the soundtrack to an Hispanic ballet (?!?)...

Perhaps it is I who shall prove the SUCKARR. But I think Galt can be trusted.

Comment

Galt, Pretty Purdie and Ray Baretto? Hmmm, sounds like a long shot to me - let us know what it's like formigo.

And soon I'll be able to answer my own question about Hair Cuts versus FNHB...

Comment

talking of Galt, i'm surprised no-one has yet mentioned 'Disinhairited'... '1000 year old man' is very nice...the rest sucks fat'uns though

Comment

Darn, already out of stock!
                          salchicha!

Comment

Working...
                          X