Late night tunes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late night tunes

Following on from my post in the current Xmas mix track list thread, what tunes are (almost) guaranteed to soften up a   at the end of an evening?

For me, it has always been Beginnings by Astrud Gilberto, and obviously you have the cliched (but often a winner) "What's Going On" by Marvin Gaye (or "Sexual Healing", but that's a little too obvious for my liking), and for Noel Gallagher it was (supposedly) Burt Bacharach (although I always felt he was just jumping on that "early-90s-lounge-is-cool" bandwagon).

I was kind of assumed that if you've got the bird at your place at the end of the evening, I don't really need to break out the smooch to freak her... Avoid Oasis.
    http://wakeupanddie.com
    http://weirdgearnyc.com
    http://makethingsmatter.com

Comment

actually, i'd try to forgot records for a second and concentrate on the lady. you know, just an idea.
      er

Comment

Dead Kennedys 'Too Drunk To Fuck'
        You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (mokka @ Nov. 19 2004,14:39)]actually, i'd try to forgot records for a second and concentrate on the lady. you know, just an idea.
          what, doesn't 'L' appreciate if it's a promo only or not??

Comment

talking getting priorities wrong, there's a bit in the George Melly autobiography about some jazz player he knew who would only make love while listening to Sidney Bechet records, and would keep getting out of bed to change the record... and this was in the days of 78s

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] ]what, doesn't 'L' appreciate if it's a promo only or not??
              that's what i hear. crazy innit? my 'L' has started to refer to women as "the ones without records".

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] ]Sidney Bechet records, and would keep getting out of bed to change the record... and this was in the days of 78s
              p diddy told in an interview that he has a special "bonking section" in his ipod. now who listens to an ipod in bed? cordless headphones a gogo.
              er

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (bongolia @ Nov. 19 2004,14:44)]...some jazz player he knew who would only make love to Sidney Bechet records... ...and this was in the days of 78s  
                Blimey, and they've only got small holes.  

Yakyakyak...

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

you could always try what george carter from 'the sweeney' did when he managed to entice a new bird back to his drum in one episode - slip on a prime slice of deWolfe library action...

ok, she ended up leaving half-way through the meal, but y'know...

Comment

Such discussions always remind me of MacArthur Park. No my choice but I was not going to argue.

Thus my inordinate fondness for The Harris.
                    Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (bongolia @ Nov. 19 2004,14:44)]talking getting priorities wrong, there's a bit in the George Melly autobiography about some jazz player he knew who would only make love while listening to Sidney Bechet records, and would keep getting out of bed to change the record... and this was in the days of 78s  
                      Last time I had to think about this, *was* during the days of 78s....
                      Endless Tripe

Comment

Yeah Ive played the old 'stick on a record to great a smoochy ambience' trick.

And yep got pissed off every 20 mins flipping the record over.

Its all about having a 'smooooooth' playlist in itunes/winamp.
                        www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Ice T - G.L.G.B.N.A.F.
                          You can't take a stocking offa bare leg

Comment

The Selecter - Three Minute Hero
                            He also contributed songs for the Jim Henson movie vehicle 'Muppets From Space'.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                              Quote[/b] (BoneyVotel @ Nov. 19 2004,18:25)]Ice T - G.L.G.B.N.A.F.
                              Word&#33;

forget subtlety... Gangster Of Love-Geto Boys?&#33;
                              www.myspace.com/thecromagnonband

http://www.wolfpeople.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X