Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copenhagen

Hi,

I'm off to Copenhagen in the next few weeks. I have not been before so would appreciate it if anyone out there knows of any good places to go for a bit of a dance and of any spots to find records.

Cheers.
    records - one a week mixcloud
    records - one a week soundcloud

JOHNnnnnn

......alright i'll leave it now.
    Whats you're style ?

Comment

oh sorry...never been there mate.
      We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

e-mail andreas... good people... [email protected]
        he'll have all the info u need. also, you should try and get in touch with christian from the prunes. he's dealing records now and has plenty of great scan. ditties... sorry don't have his addy here on the mo...

Comment

I've been there a very long time ago. I only remember a jazz records shop close to the harbour in the centre. It was in a cellar. I don't even know if it still exists. No more info sorry.
          The only sure and foreseeable attribute of human affairs is their unforseeability; hence the trivialility of all the attempts in order to reduce the human action to a single reason, even interest.
          Albert O. Hirschman (The concept of interest: from euphemism to tautology/1986)

Comment

Thanks for the help people.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (left hand corner @ 21 May 2003,21:57)]Thanks for the help people.
              There is quite a few good spots in Copenhagen. The heat is usually in the jazz bins .. Copenhagen is/was a big jazz spot in Europe.
              Also visit the SNAPS guys http://www.snapsorama.com/ the coolest ppl in city. They sell records (no bargains) and retro sneakers
              salchicha!

Comment

Cheers Teddy

Comment

Scrape a beak for me, will ya ?

Jack

Comment

Just a quick note to thank the above (Teddy and Jakob)
                    for the info. My time in Copenhagen was very productive and very enjoyable  

Comment

dean, did you make it to that jazz cellar place? sorry i missed this post before you went.

rang the jazz cellar people a couple of months back and they were possibly the friendliest and most helpful record shop staff i've ever spoken to. top marks.
                      http://www.blaxploitation.com
                      Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

Damn, forgot about that place. May be going back to Copenhagen later in the year so I'll make sure I'll check it out then.

Have to say that in all the other places I went to I found the people really friendly.

Thanks for the tip on Bennys Bathtub.

Managed to catch the Wah Wah booys at a club called Rust. They played a great set. Max Sedgley's "Happy" seems to be big over there as well as over here.

Comment

Working...
                        X