Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Georgie fame 45

Hi everyone,

I picked up a Georgie Fame 45 recently. It features BONNIE E CLYDE b/w TRY MY WORLD. He sings in italian on the BONNIE E CLYDE song and the single is an italian pressing on CBS (orange label). Is this rare?

Cheers,
    David S
    God bless Fatso.

Wouldn't have thought so, "Ballad of Bonnie and Clyde" was a number 1 hit in the UK. Not sure how it fared in Italy but it was fairly common for artists to do European language versions of their tunes in the 60s...
    Endless Tripe

Comment

Mmmmmm............interesting.
      Thanks for the info.

David S.
      God bless Fatso.

Comment

The UK version of Bonnie & Clyde (or at least my one) is backed with 'Walk the dog' - very nice liddle hammond led groover which gets the occasional spin.

Comment

And the UK ish of 'Try My World' features the funky vocal shaker 'No Thanks' on the flip..
          Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

it's 'Beware of the Dog' btw, and it's on both UK and US issues. it's pretty good, but even better IMO is 'El Bandido' which is the b-side of 'Getaway'

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (bongolia @ Nov. 24 2004,10:11)]it's 'Beware of the Dog' btw, and it's on both UK and US issues. it's pretty good, but even better IMO is 'El Bandido' which is the b-side of 'Getaway'
              Yeah, I know - couldn't be bothered to correct my post - ta.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (vibra @ Nov. 24 2004,09:56)]And the UK ish of 'Try My World' features the funky vocal shaker 'No Thanks' on the flip..
                "No Thanks" is one of his best in my book. I'm partial to "Preach and Teach" and "In the Meantime" as well.

What's the going rate for a copy of "Somebody Stole My Thunder"? And was that issued as an LP cut as well? I believe it's on a soundtrack or something?? Might be my best bet in the States....
                http://three-sixty-five45s.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] ]What's the going rate for a copy of "Somebody Stole My Thunder"? And was that issued as an LP cut as well?
                  It's on 'Seventh Son' LP in it's full length glory (the 45 is an edit) - you can also get it very cheap on a best of called 'Bonnie & Clyde' on Embassy. As for the going rate of the OG 45 - was hovering aroung the £100 but not seen one for a while. YOu can get a Stardust reiss for £4 though
                  "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] ] I believe it's on a soundtrack or something??
                    Yes, it featured on the OST of the 1970 film of the apparently "erotic" (according to Jonny Trunk's site, although it's only a 15 certificate, so in Alan Partridge's inimitable words "it's not hardcore super-sex&quot Joe Orton's play 'Entertaining Mr Sloane', featuring Beryl Reid. Phwoar!

No OST release that I am aware of.
                    Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] ]'Entertaining Mr Sloane'
                      That's actually the A side of the 45.
                      "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Anyone know anything about a 70s release by Mr Fame called "Daylight"? I've heard that it is good.

Oh, and the film version of "Entertaining Mr Sloane" is dreadful.
                        Endless Tripe

Comment

Working...
                        X