Michel colombier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michel colombier

I guess some of you may have read this already, but it seems only right that M Colombier has his own Vulture tribute:

Obituary

RIP.
    The Pop Music Library

I put his theme to l'heritier on my cd as the last track when I heard the news.

Wonderful composer.
    www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

one of the great

people you should check his &quot;capot pointu&quot; lp

Comment

Just found a 1979 self titled album today for three quid and recognised the name from round these parts. Never knowingly heard him before...anyone know if it&#39;s any good? I&#39;ll pick it up for someone if they particuarly want it...
        http://jimcassius.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (Jim Cassius @ Dec. 03 2004,18:28)]Never knowingly heard him before...
          If you&#39;ve ever heard &#39;Psyche Rock&#39;, or watched &#39;Futurama&#39; for that matter, then you&#39;ve heard Michel&#39;s work. He was one of &#39;Les Yper-Sound&#39;, with Pierre Henry.
          You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] (Jim Cassius @ Dec. 03 2004,18:28)]Just found a 1979 self titled album today for three quid and recognised the name from round these parts. Never knowingly heard him before...anyone know if it&#39;s any good? I&#39;ll pick it up for someone if they particuarly want it...
            Theres a coincidence. There&#39;s a copy of that same LP for the same price down the road from here. I did a web search and concluded that it was &quot;jazz-rock&quot;. Which put me off.

The only thing I have got by him is that &quot;Wings&quot; LP which has a track called &quot;Pourquoi Pas?&quot; which is very funky for the first minute or two but then it goes a bit bonkers, sadly...
            Endless Tripe

Comment

Does he do the Futurama theme tune? That&#39;s great&#33; I might have a flutter on that album...

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] ]Does he do the Futurama theme tune?
                No - the bells are sampled from &#39;Psyche Rock&#39; and the drums are from &#39;Amen Brother&#39; by the Winstons - I think - never seen this verified anywhere.

&#39;Psyche Rock&#39;...erm... rocks btw&#33;
                "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Aha...isn&#39;t Mr F.Slim involved somewhere along the line?

Comment

I like the thought that people will still be busting out the Amens in the 31st Century.

Comment

Working...
                    X