Astrud gilberto - 'beginnings'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astrud gilberto - 'beginnings'

Can anyone give a heads up on which LP this is on? A dealer has a load of her stuff for sale and I'm hoping it might be on one of them   http://www.sugarbush.u-net.com.

He recently had the Blossom Dearie up for sale but he was wise to it and threw it on eBay to be sold for the obligatory ton.  

Thanks in advance
    Back to Neuuuuuuuuuu!

I believe it's on 'September 17 1969'  - Verve LP from, er...1969. Don't know if any of the comps listed contain that track. I'd be surprised if they do though.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
      Quote[/b] (Tricky Tree @ Nov. 25 2004,18:35)]Don't know if any of the comps listed contain that track. I'd be surprised if they do though.
      It was on the Gilberto comp in the Verve Talkin' Jazz series (which was probably CD only - never seen vinyl issues of those) but not seen it on any others...
      a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

Since we're on ms gilberto wave length. There's an Astrud Gilberto LP with James Last. Anyone knows if it's any good? And let me just take the oportunity, since we're on a brasilian ride right now, can someone tell me which is the Golden Boys LP i should definetely get (i saw some for sale, but can't get them all).

thanx in advance

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (buddah @ Nov. 26 2004,19:30)]Since we're on ms gilberto wave length. There's an Astrud Gilberto LP with James Last. Anyone knows if it's any good?
          Passed that numerous times, even though I reallly dig ms. gilberto I suspect the cheese is strong in this one

Comment

I have it on the Verve LP "Holiday".

Cover has small inset of Astrud outside some cafe petting a huge dog of some wierd pedigree that looks like a hornless goat.

Also has her "Light My Fire" and "Canto de Ossanha" which are quite decent.

Shame about the flat singing though eh.

Comment

'Holiday' and 'September 17, 1969' are one in the same LP, both featuring said picture of songstress and pooch.

It's a tricky one to get hold of, mind: I've been trying for a while to trade up from a knackered copy on which, you might guess, the needle skips during 'Beginnings'.
              The Pop Music Library

Comment

Working...
              X