Easter mix questions pt. 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easter mix questions pt. 3

Well since llmod had some questions about the Easter mix I might as well throw in some questions of my own.

Any info would be greatly appreciated on the following tracks:

Nick

Obrey Wilson – Headman

Dandelion Wine – Hot Dog

Chubby Checker – Gypsy

LDJB

Muff – Funky Cop Out (This sounds exactly like a James Gang song)

Todd Rundgren – Sissy Strut

Sound Incorporated – Grab This Thing

DIVINE

Big Julian And His All Stars – Wake The Monster

Vigon – Frozen Steak Popcorn

Dave Pike Set – Got The Feelin

Matata – Talkin Talkin

Col Wolfe

Gi Gi – Daddy Love

Formigo

Golden Horn Big Band – Hikki Burr
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...k-LP%20Covers/

dandelion wine - hot dog
    is a 45 on sussex,,,
    hikky burr is on the golden horn band lp,,nz pressing only,, i don't have the record in front of me so i can't tell ya label and year etc,,,just that it is very rare probably $150 +..
    matata - talkin talkin is off their lp independence on makossa
    gi gi - daddy love is a 45 on sweet records...i used to have so many copies of this ..wow the days have gone by...

Comment

Originally posted by [b
      Quote[/b] (JOHN IDEM @ Nov. 27 2004,05:03)]gi gi - daddy love is a 45 on sweet records...i used to have so many copies of this ..wow the days have gone by...
      I'm sure some guy at Hemsby the other week was playing a UK press of this on Pama??????

Moerer is punting out the US press for $25 at the moment

Paid $10 for mine but that was a few years ago now
      new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

Headman is on Philips, should be about &#036;15.

Gypsy is on Pye/20th Century. Flipside is Reggae My Way, which it may be listed on sites at. Should cost you about &#036;10. Some idiots reckon it&#39;s a Mod hit and worth £40 - don&#39;t listen to &#39;em&#33;

Yeah, the UK pressing of Gi Gi is on Pama. Both pressings are common and cheap. &#036;25 is too much - it&#39;s frequently on ebay and should be obtainable for &#036;15 or less...
        http://wakeupanddie.com
        http://weirdgearnyc.com
        http://makethingsmatter.com

Comment

And I think I&#39;ve seen another press of Gi Gi out there with a piccy bag.

The question I always ask... I&#39;m sure I once saw a male vocal version on the same backing on one of Gerald&#39;s lists but forgot to note it down - can anyone shed any light as to what it is, please?

(And my &#39;Gypsy&#39; just cost me the princely sum of one quid on the &#39;Bay so, As Nick says, get it cheap&#33.
          You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] (Motown67 @ Nov. 27 2004,04:58)]Sound Incorporated – Grab This Thing
            It&#39;s a cracker that one... one of my favourite finds of the year (well, thanks to LDJB finding it on our IOW dig and putting it in the grab pile).

Details : Sounds Incorporated - S/T (Studio 2 Stereo LP) Two 144 1966.

Value wise, I doubt you&#39;d have to shell out any more than maybe £15 for it.... but I&#39;m willing to stand corrected as both the label and the artists are a bit collectable (didn&#39;t they back Chuck Berry on European tours ? I&#39;m sure I was them on a TV show recently as his band in the 60&#39;s...might have been that &#39;Hall Of Fame&#39; show) .
            Matt Hero

Comment

I&#39;ve got a Gi Gi US press, you can have it for £7 inc post if you want it, its M-

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (Matt Hero @ Nov. 27 2004,17:28)]Details : Sounds Incorporated - S/T (Studio 2 Stereo LP) Two 144 1966.

Value wise, I doubt you&#39;d have to shell out any more than maybe £15 for it.... but I&#39;m willing to stand corrected as both the label and the artists are a bit collectable (didn&#39;t they back Chuck Berry on European tours ? I&#39;m sure I was them on a TV show recently as his band in the 60&#39;s...might have been that &#39;Hall Of Fame&#39; show) .
                They quite probably did back Chuck - everyone used Sounds Inc (including Brenda Lee, Gene Vincent, Cilla Black etc.) Excellent group.

And their drummer, Tony Newman, did a single of Keith Mansfield&#39;s &#39;Soul Thing&#39;, which I really want to hear, but I&#39;ve never been able to find one.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (Motown67 @ Nov. 27 2004,04:58)]Formigo

Golden Horn Big Band &amp;#8211; Hikki Burr
                  Label is ODE, year is &#39;74 I think.

The band were out of Wellington NZ, something of a protype version of the Rodger Fox Big Band which still exists in some form to this day.

As to rarity... well, I wouldn&#39;t pay &#036;150 for it. (I paid &#036;10). Having said that I&#39;ve never seen another copy so maybe I was just lucky...

But apart from the question of rarity I wouldn&#39;t pay more than &#036;20 for it anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (Beaver @ Nov. 27 2004,18:09)]I&#39;ve got a Gi Gi US press, you can have it for £7 inc post if you want it, its M-
                    How much is that in US&#036; because there are two up on eBay right now.

The U.S. Pressing is &#036;25 and a UK pressing is &#036;15.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (Motown67 @ Nov. 27 2004,23:48)]
                      Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (Beaver @ Nov. 27 2004,18:09)]I&#39;ve got a Gi Gi US press, you can have it for £7 inc post if you want it, its M-

&#036;13.25 or there abouts&#33;&#33;

Are you UK based?

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] (Motown67 @ Nov. 27 2004,04:58)]Any info would be greatly appreciated on the following tracks:

DIVINE

Big Julian And His All Stars – Wake The Monster

Vigon – Frozen Steak Popcorn

Dave Pike Set – Got The Feelin

Matata – Talkin Talkin
                        Big Jullien is on a Major Minor LP and is licensed from French label Riviera. Quality album...

Vigon is French 45 only - the flipside of &quot;Popcorn, Popcorn&quot; - label is Egg...

Dave Pike Set is the title track off a Dutch-only LP, label is Relax. Quality album...

And as previously mentioned Matata is from the &quot;Independence&quot; LP, except mine&#39;s the UK pressing on President. Quality album...

Hmmm, maybe my new mix should just feature other tracks off those albums&#33;
                        Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine/

Photos: www.instagram.com/divine_glasgow/

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                          Quote[/b] (Beaver @ Nov. 28 2004,00:29)]
                          Originally posted by [b
                          Quote[/b] (Motown67 @ Nov. 27 2004,23:48)]
                          Originally posted by [b

&#036;13.25 or there abouts&#33;&#33;

Are you UK based?
                          No. Sorry. Live in Berkeley, CA, USA.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                            Quote[/b] (Lord Thames @ Nov. 27 2004,20:44)]And their drummer, Tony Newman, did a single of Keith Mansfield&#39;s &#39;Soul Thing&#39;, which I really want to hear, but I&#39;ve never been able to find one.  
                            It&#39;s nice, Lord T (big timpani ).
                            You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Aw, you&#39;ve just made me want to hear it even more - I love big timpani&#33;

Comment

Working...
                              X