Japanese ost 7" singles...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Japanese ost 7" singles...

What do you know about Japanese OST/Japan only 7" singles?

I found a Ray Davies 7" today of Magnum Force... was there ever a UK release of that?

Also got a tasty Citta Violenta single with the funk track and a 7" off the Battle Creek Brawl soundtrack thats also fresh....

What else ya'll know...

peace.

Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (DJ Sheep @ Nov. 28 2004,16:09)]Also got a tasty Citta Violenta single with the funk track...
    I have that one, Sheep - 'Svolta Definitiva' isn't on the French 7" from the film. Noice on 45.

Never heard of that Ray Davies 45 but for some reason there seems to be Japanese issues of a few similar VV artists. I think there's a yellow vinyl 45 of Pete Moore's 'Catwalk' out there (?).

And obviously, the 45 from 'Get Carter'...
    You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

yeah i have the battlecreek brawl 45 but i didnt think it had anything funky on it. ive also got japanese rollerball 45 which the funky moogy one on it. and a fair few tucked away. I like the covers.

hows tokyo going? been to koenchi yet?
      www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (sermad @ Nov. 28 2004,16:26)]yeah i have the battlecreek brawl 45 but i didnt think it had anything funky on it. ive also got japanese rollerball 45 which the funky moogy one on it. and a fair few tucked away. I like the covers.

hows tokyo going? been to koenchi yet?
        Hey Serms,

Tokyo is straight ill mate... I&#39;ve been here for 6 months and love it. I work in Nakano which is on the Chuo line and just one stop from Koenji and near the other diggin spots like Kichijoji, etc. As far as Tokyo goes I&#39;ve probably covered about 60% of the record map. Lots more to go, but we&#39;ll see...

I have some tasty treats to trade with all you guys, just gotta get access to a soundcard to record samples... Japanese soundtracks are my shit at the moment...

peace.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (Rich Hero @ Nov. 28 2004,16:22)]And obviously, the 45 from &#39;Get Carter&#39;...
          Whats the Get Carter 7&quot; like?

peace.

Comment

cool mate&#33;

my friend kanta has a record shop in koenji. I forget the name. its 60&#39;s mod type stuff. go in and say hello from me&#33; his wife is ridiculously fit.

saru (on here) lives in kichijoji. totally gracious guy who also teaches. you should hook up.

I loved diggin in tokyo - I came back with about 200 records&#33; It was ace. Way cheaper than london.

Hey if I send a list of major force records can you keep your eyes out? ta&#33;

Comment

Sheep

Have you found ‘The great chase’ OST yet?
              Think its got one really nice track on it.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (sermad @ Nov. 28 2004,16:40)]cool mate&#33;

my friend kanta has a record shop in koenji. I forget the name. its 60&#39;s mod type stuff. go in and say hello from me&#33; his wife is ridiculously fit.

saru (on here) lives in kichijoji. totally gracious guy who also teaches. you should hook up.

I loved diggin in tokyo - I came back with about 200 records&#33; It was ace. Way cheaper than london.

Hey if I send a list of major force records can you keep your eyes out? ta&#33;
                I think I may know the store you are talking about in Koenji, if I pass it, I&#39;ll say whats up...

Ay SARU, if you&#39;re reading this we need to hook up, I don&#39;t really have a PNC on the diggin&#39; tip and I&#39;m sure we could share spots/info.

As it stands, I&#39;ve purchased something like 3000 records here in Japan, 2000 of them were for a friends online store, all hip-hop. The remaining lot is 70% hip-hop (nearly filled all the holes in my collection) and 30% jazz/funk/breaks... Japan has the goods, reminds me of the Australian music scene in a way, theres a few diamonds in the rough (of J-Pop)....

Japan&#39;s so damn cheap for records... whoever said it was expensive obviously didn&#39;t know where to look. Hit me with that list Serms and I&#39;ll throw it down on the iPOD. U still got my addy?

peace.

Comment

Also do you know about the &#39;Kiyoshi Hasegawa&#39; album (I guess you probably do).
                  It has 2 funky track on it (one bboy style cut).
                  Should be a cheapie.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (DJ Sheep @ Nov. 28 2004,16:30)]Whats the Get Carter 7&quot; like?

peace.
                    As I understand, it has different tracks to the UK release (anyone care to verify?). I&#39;m not sure which they are or what they&#39;re like but I&#39;d guess it&#39;s raer (it&#39;s Roy Budd and up there with his best work) and worth a listen. Stupidly enough, now that I&#39;m hearing them together in my head, the groove of &#39;Svolta Definitiva&#39; it&#39;s pretty similar to the main theme of &#39;Get Carter&#39;...
                    You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (Parkz @ Nov. 28 2004,17:00)]
                      I&#39;m not sure I know of it... I have this one absolute killer of soundtrack with an insane drum break on it... u got your camera handy parkzie?

peace.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] (DJ Sheep @ Nov. 28 2004,17:21)]
                        Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] (Parkz @ Nov. 28 2004,17:00)]
                        I&#39;m not sure I know of it... I have this one absolute killer of soundtrack with an insane drum break on it... u got your camera handy parkzie?

peace.
                        I&#39;ll send you a photo of the cover.
                        I got one more OST to tell you also but its written in Japanese and I keep forgeting to get the wife to translate it for me. But its a really sick ost (if i remember correctly) so I guess you might already know about it.

Comment

I found a 7&quot; single from the BIG GUNS soundtrack... what&#39;s that soundtrack like? I think the two tracks on the single were Un Giorno In Piu and La Gabbia. The single was 8 pounds though....

Comment

Hey have you hit up shinjuku nishiguchi yet? People dont really hit it as its not a very fashionable area.

Some sick shops in apartments blocks. Really random places. That road that has &#39;warehouse&#39; records on it is the one. Warehouse being amazing. I found soooo many ost&#39;s there.

oh one I really need is &#39;la piscina&#39; by michel legrand. the ost only came out on LP in japan...

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                              Quote[/b] (sermad @ Nov. 28 2004,18:11)]Hey have you hit up shinjuku nishiguchi yet? People dont really hit it as its not a very fashionable area.

Some sick shops in apartments blocks. Really random places. That road that has &#39;warehouse&#39; records on it is the one. Warehouse being amazing. I found soooo many ost&#39;s there.

oh one I really need is &#39;la piscina&#39; by michel legrand. the ost only came out on LP in japan...
                              Yeah, that area of Shinjuku never gets hit. Even I sleep on it cuz it&#39;s a bit of a hike, but that areas probably the most saturated for record stores in the whole of Tokyo&#33;&#33; Warehouse is my shit but the stock hardly gets updated

Thanks for the reminder Serms, Ima hit it up before work tomorrow...

peace.

Comment

Working...
                              X