Record-related jobs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record-related jobs?

Right then, I need a job and I want to work in a record shop or doing something involving records! Quick CV: I'm 25, have a reasonable knowledge of records, worked at The Sound Machine in Reading, DJed at 'The Program', have Mac design skills (degree in Typography & Graphic Communication). I live in Wiltshire at the moment but can travel no problem. If anyone knows of ANY opportunity and would be kind enough to PM me I would be massively greatful (and more than likely to send you a decent record by way of gratitude&#33.
    diggers with attitude

There's a job going at a promo copmany in London if you wanna PM me.
    http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

is the pay total peanuts like all other music industry jobs?
      www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (sermad @ Dec. 01 2004,15:04)]is the pay total peanuts like all other music industry jobs?
        that&#39;s not true, my job at 75ark payed well, plus they flew me anywhere around the world i wanted... and i had a tasty expense account.... ahhhhhhhh

Comment

Maybe its just london then. I havent seen an industry job that wasn&#39;t for about 11k a year&#33;
          www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] (sermad @ Dec. 01 2004,15:11)]Maybe its just london then. I havent seen an industry job that wasn&#39;t for about 11k a year&#33;
            When I registered the domain &quot;turntablism.com&quot; I didn&#39;t think that my entire dream life would be paid for, for 2 years offa that shit... no work, lots of play... it was a trip... then again, it was the dot com boom&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; which died in the azzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.... byebye jobby jobb...

Then again, the job I landed after that wasn&#39;t/isn&#39;t too bad, I was and still am the record &quot;shopper&quot; for checkoutwax.com, which took me to Japan and the US buying records for a living whilst working in Australia during the downtime....

peace.

Comment

It probably is shit pay, but it&#39;s a job, don&#39;t know how desperate TB is. It&#39;s not all crap pay, though, I used to have a good job at MCA/Universal, though the downside is having your soul eroded by working there.
              http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

Working...
              X