Resolution records, uk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resolution records, uk

Anyone ever buy anything from Resolution Records in the UK ?

Good, bad or indifferent transactions ?

Thank you
    Jack

Resolution are absolutely fine - Mark is extremely fast at sending stuff out, his condition is spot-on, and he'll play stuff for you as well. Highly recommended .
    We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

Yeyyyyyyyyy John !

Thanks, you're the best

Jack

Comment

Even though it seems he isn't answering his emails at the moment!!

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (Jack @ 21 May 2003,18:53)]Anyone ever buy anything from Resolution Records in the UK ?

Good, bad or indifferent transactions ?

Thank you
          Jack

I can say that all my transactions with Mark have been fine (last one was about a fortnight ago)

He seems to get a good range of stuff in and he's quick at sending out too - usually received within 48 hours...

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] (john stapleton @ 21 May 2003,19:00)]Resolution are absolutely fine - Mark is extremely fast at sending stuff out, his condition is spot-on, and he'll play stuff for you as well. Highly recommended .
            while i totally agree with you about speedy dispatch and friendly service, i would add a word of caution about condition. a couple of times i've paid minty money for rare LPs from Mark and received pretty tatty copies by return.

he does get some amazing records though!

btw - if anyone is after the rarer quality early 70s soul and funk (soul searchers, leon thomas, Sussex stuff etc) then pop into Haggle - they have just had some killer OG stuff in top condition. top prices but this stuff don't turn up any more - they even had an OG 'Fully Loaded' in the same stack which i missed by a day
            http://www.blaxploitation.com
            Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

...way over-priced though, eh?
              Endless Tripe

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (son of stan @ 22 May 2003,10:18)]...way over-priced though, eh?
                Compared to what ?

Finding a record in a charity shop / bin? Yes - but that figures

Other dealers? Hmmm - I wouldn't say that.

Ebay? Maybe sometimes - but then again, maybe not - stuff may spiral on the bay.

Comment

hey we've been through this before...the guys gotta make a living and if you dont want to pay then thats cool.

Mark seems a decent enough guy and Ive bought things off him a number of times - the quality has generally been ok but Ive had maybe 3 records where the sleeve is very bad - damage and split seams. When you pay good money you expect the whole package so I was a bit miffed.

He sorted me out because of this but I was more annoyed he neglected to tell me. So ask first ok.
                  www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Yep, I agree with Sermad and Ed about condition, so ask first. Reading between the lines of his descriptions can be helpful. And if you ask for any wants know what&#39;s a reasonable price for them.

But yes, Mark&#39;s pleasant to deal with and he&#39;s sold me some great records so thumbs up.
                    You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (Belson @ 22 May 2003,08:30)]Even though it seems he isn&#39;t answering his emails at the moment&#33;&#33;
                      In an update e mail he sent out last week he said he&#39;d be going away soon &amp; wouldn&#39;t be able to reply to emails etc.

Bought stuff of him a few times &amp; have no complaints really.

Comment

Working...
                      X