Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hart rock '71

G'evenin',
    so a while ago I found this truly great EP on the obscure Abreaction label which I really like a lot and showcases beautifully how great even the more unknown sides of UK rock were.
    And that Lucas Tyson track is a little monster.
    Three of the songs were recorded at Multicord Studios, Sunderland (YELLOW, TYSON, BRASS ALLEY) which makes me wonder whether they were based in or around Sunderland.
    Can anybody shed a lil light on the history of these recordings and performers respectively?

Natch, I'm still looking for this Yellow 45 on CBS!!!

damn! my mate Ian has this - it's a little cracker. I think there's something about it on the SFA site?
    We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

You're very lucky to find that EP...It's very rare and worth big bucks on ebay...some of the tracks have been compiled on one volume of Incredible Soundshow Stories (Dig The Fuzz Records).
      The Lucas Tyson track kicks ass!!

Comment

The one with daylight club on?
        www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Daylight Child??

Comment

Hey i got this on sunday at southend record fair.Its possibly the best 45 i own 3 amazing tracks on here,lucas tyson on this is insane.I was told by the seller it was a promotional ep for hartlepool rock festival in 71 is this true i dunno but jeez its good.
            Also got orange machine-real live permanent dream on pye mint for 30squid
            Kenneth.

Comment

Sometimes I want to be you Kenneth, you are finding so good Uk stuff!
              rick wakeman´s keyboard

Comment

Aye. I was actually AT Hart Rock '71.

My Dads mate (John Mayhew) was singer in a band called Barnaby Rudge...we went along to Pools ground (Victoria Ground) to watch his group play well down the bill!

As well as the "local" bands on the EP (which I've got) there were a couple of "Second Division" groups on..Arrival (Decca band) were certainly one of them as the whole "crowd" (about 1000 I think) sang along to their hit "Friends". I think The Roulettes (Adam Faiths ex-band mates) played it too...Johnny Rogan their Bassist is a Hartlepudlian.

BTW, this EP is pretty common around here and turns up in chazzas from time-to-time.

The next year they decide that Hart Rock should be used as a fundraiser for the ailing football club, and had a much stronger line-up (Groundhogs, Help Yourself, Colin Scot etc...) but held it at Middlesbrough Town Hall. All Hartlepool got was the UK Premier of 4000 Motels at the Fairworld!
                "Warning...May Contain Oboes"

Comment

From Help Yourselfs website...

Treece recalls another memorable gig. "The United Artists 'Save Hartlepool Football Club' weekend was particularly wacky. Andrew Lauder and Richard Ogden were Hartlepudlians and devised this plan to have a benefit football match - football personalities versus musicians, who included some Fortunes, a Vanity Fair, J. Vincent Edwards from 'Hair', an Ivy League, Richard Williams, Mick Watts, Roy Hollingworth, Ed Welch, Brian Keith (of Plastic Penny) and Sean Tyla. It was an outrageous match. Things were going badly for the musos and at half-time someone slipped Sean a Dex. With his new super-powers Sean was soon in control of the ball. We were all cheering as he was breaking through the opposition's defences when he spun round, changed direction, raced back down the field and kicked the ball into the musician's goal. Needless to say, they lost. Then there was the gig. Man, Groundhogs, Allan Taylor, Colin Scott and us. Man did a powerful set, were well into it and running overtime. Tony McPhee was standing behind the stage furiously shooting a starting pistol and shouting for them to stop... Following the gig was the premiere of Zappa's '200 Motels' and a reception with tables of food laid out. All of a sudden the place erupted into a big cake-throwing fight, from which I beat a hasty retreat back to the hotel. On our return to Hampshire we found there was a new addition to the family, in the person of baby Deke Eichler."
                  "Warning...May Contain Oboes"

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyHanger View Post
                    Aye. I was actually AT Hart Rock '71.

My Dads mate (John Mayhew) was singer in a band called Barnaby Rudge...we went along to Pools ground (Victoria Ground) to watch his group play well down the bill!

As well as the "local" bands on the EP (which I've got) there were a couple of "Second Division" groups on..Arrival (Decca band) were certainly one of them as the whole "crowd" (about 1000 I think) sang along to their hit "Friends". I think The Roulettes (Adam Faiths ex-band mates) played it too...Johnny Rogan their Bassist is a Hartlepudlian.

BTW, this EP is pretty common around here and turns up in chazzas from time-to-time.

The next year they decide that Hart Rock should be used as a fundraiser for the ailing football club, and had a much stronger line-up (Groundhogs, Help Yourself, Colin Scot etc...) but held it at Middlesbrough Town Hall. All Hartlepool got was the UK Premier of 4000 Motels at the Fairworld!
                    Cheers dude thanks for info.Common in chazzas!,jeez im moving there.
                    BTW how many would you say were pressed of this ep.
                    Kenneth.

Comment

I've seen three in Bristol if that helps!
                      We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

Originally posted by john stapleton View Post
                        I've seen three in Bristol if that helps!
                        Well thats five and counting,lets get every copy accounted for and then have a party to celebrate mod culture.

Comment

i had one copy (although it skipped on lucas dyson ) and my friend had two or three copies
                          rick wakeman´s keyboard

Comment

Originally posted by wickerman View Post
                            i had one copy (although it skipped on lucas dyson ) and my friend had two or three copies
                            I think my copy does actually.

Found mine in a Coventry junkshop - and I MEAN junkshop ! along with an OG of Marcia Griffith's 'Feel Like Jumpin' on JA Coxsone ! 25P EACH ! ..them were the days....etc....etc...

'Pink Pills' is just one of the songs I 'air drum' to actually !
                            "Cover condition:Is perfect except on back cover theres an area of dirty smudge dont know what it is and covers a bit wrinkled which im sure could be flattened out"

http://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set...6018553&type=3

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy Ya Ya View Post
                              Marcia Griffith's 'Feel Like Jumpin' on JA Coxsone
                              also a killer song!
                              rick wakeman´s keyboard

Comment

Working...
                              X