Psychiatric help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psychiatric help needed

Can anyone explain why, after a weekend listening to the cream of my record collection, focusing on the melodic genius of Duke Pearson, early Sugar Minott and the Dells, I end up humming and whistling 'The Power of Love' by Huey Lewis and the News to myself all day?
    Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

No. Sadly, I cannot explain this. But, I can offer my tried and tested antidote. Sing Kylie's 'I Should Be Lucky' to yourself (only in your head mind, otherwise you may attract a few odd looks). This has the remarkable ability to dislodge any song stuck on loop, without actually getting lodged in your brain itself...

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

OK, Im on the Kylie programme right now. Before I started 'The Power of Love' was starting to morph into 'War' by Edwin Starr:
      'The power of love is a curious thing
      Makes him disabled,bitter and mean'
      Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (Rich Hero @ Dec. 07 2004,11:52)]No. Sadly, I cannot explain this. But, I can offer my tried and tested antidote. Sing Kylie's 'I Should Be Lucky' to yourself (only in your head mind, otherwise you may attract a few odd looks). This has the remarkable ability to dislodge any song stuck on loop, without actually getting lodged in your brain itself...

you never miss the chance to mention

nice one

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (pokester @ Dec. 07 2004,13:53)]you never miss the chance to mention      

nice one
          You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

the phenomena you're describing is referred to as EARWORMS - a chap called James Kellaris did some work it - check google..
            http://www.iueke.com/

Comment

Notes:
              The term earworm is the literal English translation of the German word ohrwurm. An earworm is also sometimes called a sticky tune or a cognitive itch. In Brazil they call it chiclete de ouvido, or ear chewing gum.
              http://www.iueke.com/

Comment

Thanks for the link. Kylie didn't work, but earworm research suggests finishing the song in my mind to clear it out of my system. Which means Ive got a miserable session trying to remember how the bridge in a crappy eighties piece of power blues-pop goes. Jesus...
                Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Working...
                X