Roberto delgado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roberto delgado

picked up an album by roberto delgado the other day called marimba a' la carte, it's mostly the usual south american stuff, but tucked away in the middle of side 1 is a great little funky track pata-pata well worth shelling out a £1 for if you see one, also i got another roberto album today called 20 south american dancing hits which also has pata-pata on it, it also has a good version of day-o with funky drumming, but the real corker is tucked away right at the end of side 2 a great version harry j all stars liquidator, any one else heard this one and are there any other funky roberto tracks out there???
    I want to go to the land of ooog!

Is 'Pata Pata' the Miriam Makeba track?

Comment

Check out his nice version of "Last tango in Paris"
      Anybody who knows what his "Latin Flutes" record sounds like?

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (Funky Tee @ 22 May 2003,11:21)]Anybody who knows what his "Latin Flutes" record sounds like?
        There's a track called Salambo (?) on it which is quite groovy.
        Endless Tripe

Comment

"Liquidator" is from Roberto's "This Is reggae" album which also includes his take on "Return Of Django" and a skanking version of "Venus". I am not aware of any other lounge album consisting entirely of reggae instrumentals, so well done Roberto.
          It ain't shakey

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] (dr kraken @ 22 May 2003,13:44)]I am not aware of any other lounge album consisting entirely of reggae instrumentals, so well done Roberto.
            .. a couple with vocals:

James Last's "Carribean Nights" which ain't bad in places.

Also a Ray McVay one, the name of which escapes me ("Reggae Time" or some such, picture of Girl with huge afro on the front)
            Endless Tripe

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (dr kraken @ 22 May 2003,13:44)]"Liquidator" is from Roberto's "This Is reggae" album which also includes his take on "Return Of Django" and a skanking version of "Venus". I am not aware of any other lounge album consisting entirely of reggae instrumentals, so well done Roberto.
              errr...check my chart this month

the master Ray McVay himself!!!!!

Comment

yeah blighty, pata-pata is the miriam makeba track (the writing credits makeba/ragovoy) sorry to be such a dullard who is miriam makeba?
                I want to go to the land of ooog!

Comment

She's a South African singer and human rights activist. I fairly sure 'Pata Pata' was a hit record for her. It's a brilliant track and gets people dancing and smiling if you drop it when DJing. I've only got a couple of her albums but there's another track I really like by her called 'Kwedini'. She also recorded stuff with Hugh Masekela. That's about as much as I know but I'd recomend tracking down her version of 'Pata Pata'.

All Music

Comment

She's also a bit of nutbag when she gets on the stage.

She got rather a lot of exposure when she played alongside James Brown et al when they were the warm up for the Ali/Foreman 'Rumble in the Jungle' fight.

You can catch some of the footage on the 'When we were Kings' flick.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (Belson @ 23 May 2003,08:47)]She's also a bit of nutbag when she gets on the stage.
                      Cheers to the Mighty Belson!

Thanks mate, that just instantly sent me through the vortex, back in time to the dark years of my comprehensive school mis-education, Grange Hill on much acid!

Nutbag, wicked term of endearment that, where ever did it come from?

The confused mind of one them teenage urban wags Tucker, Benny, or Big Al?
                      I was raised by wolves

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] (La-Soul-Fiend @ 23 May 2003,11:31)]The confused mind of one them teenage urban wags Tucker, Benny, or Big Al?
                        Nah, I think it was either Zammo or Roland. Pretty sure Mr. Bronson had nothing to do with it.

Comment

Working...
                        X