Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call for donations

Heres the deal kids.

Basically the vv site/forum and funk 45 board had a massive increase in traffic and I thought everything was ticking along ok. I had warnings set up to tell me if they went over their allocated limit but for some reason I never got these. So before I could do anything about it I got two bills today for £450.

Im forced to move hosts because I basically can't pay this right now.

I would really *appreciate* any back of the couch paypal money people have. Most of the donations seem to be around a tenner which is just perfect.

I'll send cd's to the boys and kisses to the girls.

I think the knowledge dropped on the forums really make this worthwhile.

The site will have to move host asap and I'll make this as smooth as possible.

Thanks sermad.

Please send *anything* to [email protected]

Donators

Amino
    Xavier Blake
    LDJB
    BEAVER
    MovieGrooves - http://www.moviegrooves.com
    Mr Trucker
    Tommo
    Mr Lovegrove
    Head Gardener
    Rich Hero (Sent a massive wodge!!! oooer)
    Mr Snell
    Tbirddmnd
    Deep Easy
    Bionic Boy
    Lionel
    Sie Vulture
    Vibra
    Bongolia
    Amino
    Matt Hero
    Colin Hero
    Ed Blax
    Left Hand Corner
    LLMOD1
    vinylism
    Ben Vallance
    Tricky Tee
    Dr Kraken
    Jefski
    Nutsons
    Warren (sent way too much&#33

www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Serms

Me &amp; Rich were talking about this last night, saying that it&#39;s unfair you have to shoulder the financial burden of the site.

I haven&#39;t got a paypal account, but I can send you a cheque.

E.mail/PM me with your address and I&#39;ll send it over.
    He also contributed songs for the Jim Henson movie vehicle 'Muppets From Space'.

Comment

Well normally I just pay a set £50 a month and its fine because I use it for other things but last month it went crazy&#33;

Comment

- Paypal on its way this evening....
        Matt Hero

Comment

£10 on its way...

Comment

amazing. cant thank you guys enough. I&#39;ll send everyone some cd&#39;s as thanks.

Comment

Just sent a small donation. No need to send any CDs - I&#39;m expecting 40+ through the    swap anyway, which I&#39;d never have been involved with if it hadn&#39;t have been for this site.      

Comment

It gets worse&#33;

Dear Customer

You have been invoiced £288.70 (£245.70 excl. VAT) for useage of excess bandwidth in the month of October 2004. The invoice will be charged to the card number held on your account in 7 days. If you have any queries with regard to the charge please contact us immediately.

You have been invoiced £161.28 (£137.26 excl. VAT) for useage of excess bandwidth in the month of November 2004. The invoice will be charged to the card number held on your account in 7 days. If you have any queries with regard to the charge please contact us immediately.

Comment

Serms, what sort of bandwidth limits have you got on your account ?

If we&#39;re typically using more, it&#39;ll probably be much cheaper to buy that extra bandwidth up front as part of the contract, rather than pay these punative charges for exceeding the limits.

Oh, and don&#39;t worry about any CDs - still not got through the last mix you gave me (damn work).
                  Matt Hero

Comment

Basically the sites been well within its bandwith limits for years and years now. Gonna have to move it next week.

Comment

i&#39;ll sort some cash out as soon as i get my paypal details straightened out, hopefully tomorrow at the latest..

Comment

Any idea why the bandwidth has jumped so much?
                        Errr..Hambone?

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                          Quote[/b] (sermad @ Dec. 14 2004,10:28)]Please send *anything* to [email protected]
                          Sermad what&#39;s the best PayPal option - &#39;Service&#39; or &#39;Quasi-cash&#39; (is there one which is subject to less charges than the other)?

Cheers&#33;
                          You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

I hear Fasthosts is a pretty good provider Sermad... I&#39;ve sent a tenner your way an&#39;all...
                            Official Old School UK Hip Hop T-Shirts available at www.stylewarrior.co.uk

Comment

Nice to see the immediate response peeps - 42 VV&#39;s online. Good on yer&#33;
                              You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Working...
                              X