New venue for jan brillo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New venue for jan brillo

It looks like we won't be able to meet at the Salmon in January due to it being refurbished so I floated the idea last night of meeting at an alternative venue.

My girlfriend works pretty closely with the guy (Paul Hallam) that owns/manages a bar in Old Street called Smersh. For those of you that don't know it is a great little bar with an Eastern European theme. Anyway she's going to float the idea to him about us having control of the decks for a night.

How many of you guys would be in theory up for having our Jan meet there?

What about the day? I may be able to get a Friday or Saturday where we could play to a busier bar or would people prefer a quiet Monday. Paul seems pretty open to things so playing on the weekend shouldn't mean that we should have to dramatically change our set lists.

Thoughts anyone?

Who's in??

Yes, (I'm nothing if not predictable, me   ). Don't think there's any particular dates that are a no-no for me, yet. Who else?

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

think i said yes yesterday, but will say yes again just in case! sounds good

Comment

I've built up a bit of flexitime of late to be reserved to make a Brillo, so I should be there
        Matt Hero

Comment

sounds good Mark!

..talking of which - weren't you mean't to be PMing me Mr H's contact details, whilst we're on the subject...

APOLOGIES for missing the last BRILLO by the way - was looking forward to this with a bag of 04 vinyl selected - unfortunately work commitments overtook the day...

Comment

Smersh is good - I'ld be in.

Monday 10th January?

Comment

GOOOOOO ON SON!!!
              http://www.blaxploitation.com
              Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

yep.

Comment

I forget the actual address for Smersh right now, but it's not on Old St. It's off Leonard St, nearish Old St Station, kind of. Small, pokey smokey place, especially where the decks are - still like it though, gets crowded fast.

I am thinking of the right place, right? Excuses all round if I'm muddled up.

Won't be there myself. In New York, where I'll be guesting on Finewine's show on WMFU with Gabe Roth of Daptone and previewing new tracks for the HF&S LP, then playing here, (if anyone in NYC is reading this):

Sorry about the tangent of subect...
                  Speaking of Daptone, who's coming to see Sharon Jones & The Dapkings, supported by The Mighty Imperials on Jan 14,15,16? I'll be there Sat 15th. Anyone planning on going?

When do all the character/emotions get here then?!!!

Comment

Address

Si, sent you Paul's addy ages ago, you didn't lose it did you?????????

Originally posted by Si Cheeba
                    sounds good Mark!

..talking of which - weren't you mean't to be PMing me Mr H's contact details, whilst we're on the subject...

APOLOGIES for missing the last BRILLO by the way - was looking forward to this with a bag of 04 vinyl selected - unfortunately work commitments overtook the day...

Comment

Guys, The owner is happy for us to have the venue, I just need to let him know what daate we want. I would be quite up for a Fri or Sat when we might have a few more non brillos to entertain. What night is best for eveyone? If the majority of you would rather a week night then I'll book that instead.

I'm going away Sunday so quick replies are needed so that I can sort this out before Chrimbo.

Comment

Originally posted by llmod1
                        Guys, The owner is happy for us to have the venue, I just need to let him know what daate we want. I would be quite up for a Fri or Sat when we might have a few more non brillos to entertain. What night is best for eveyone? If the majority of you would rather a week night then I'll book that instead.

I'm going away Sunday so quick replies are needed so that I can sort this out before Chrimbo.
                        A weekend night could be fun. But any night that's not the 11th or the 18th is cool with me.
                        You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by llmod1

How about we try and go for a Friday night, then - then it won't clash with an HF&S, Jazzman, and for me, Hogwash.

How about Friday 14th January?

Comment

Originally posted by Belson
                            How about Friday 14th January?
                            I'd be down for that..
                            Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

I'll be back in the UK for that date, yay! You do realise though that Smersh is totally tiny and will be jammed full of people out on a Friday night, and that it gets really smoky in there, right?

Honestly not trying to rain on the parade, just warning y'all. I think you'd be better off with a quieter day and we can always do a Best of Brillo in Feb at the bigger Salmon. Totally up to you.

http://wakeupanddie.com
                              http://weirdgearnyc.com
                              http://makethingsmatter.com

Comment

Working...
                              X