Clear All

• Originally posted by ginghamkitchen View Post
    Pam Ayres?

Was it P***** L*****?
    record licker

Comment

• Originally posted by relkeel View Post

Was it P***** L*****?
      Phil was much more into fingering himself than someone else.

Love again: wanking at ten past three
      (Surely he’s taken her home by now?),
      The bedroom hot as a bakery,
      The drink gone dead, without showing how
      To meet tomorrow, and afterwards,
      And the usual pain, like dysentery.
      Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Was it P***** L*****?
        What? the legendary Detroit Techno producer/poet Phillip Kenny Larkin?
        Fleas the size of rats suck on a rat the size of a cat....

Not As Great As His Very Best, But Pretty Much As Great As Most Anyone Else's.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mondays Child View Post
          What? the legendary Detroit Techno producer/poet Phillip Kenny Larkin?
          New ebay ID..... c*ntyfingers.... once I get bored of Stranglewank.
          record licker

Comment

• Originally posted by ginghamkitchen View Post
            Pam Ayres?
            Just seen this on Thisismyjam

Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

• Got a tip off about a load of interesting 45s in a CS, so hared off to the other side of the city,where there wasn't any interesting 45's,but came away with Soft Machine Third. Stopped for a quick twifter and decided to steal the souls of these two natives with my camera phone.

This one was Open Mic night in my local.. maybe they're heroin addicts I dunno...
              record licker

Comment

• There are no records in Halifax...period.

record licker

Comment

There are no records in Halifax...period.

There USED to be a record shop in that very place... my one and only visit to Halifax many years ago (around 25+ of them) produced the "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath" LP from that there building. I still have it, though it's a bit battered nowadays... I've a feeling I may also have purchased a Michael Schenker 12" from there as well but the less said about that the better methinks...
                  Hull Music Archive

Comment

• Originally posted by nboldock View Post
                    There USED to be a record shop in that very place...
                    Yeah, I spent a morning there about nine years ago. Big shop, but it had almost certainly been thoroughly Townied because I ended up buying more at the carpark boot sale.
                    Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by eine View Post
                      Just seen this on Thisismyjam
                      Very good plus!

Comment

• I wish I could get a photo of the spandex metal dwarf who loiters wherever there be vinyl in town... christ... makes my life a misery... I'm sure Craig and co. will know who I'm on about...

Comment

• Melbourne, Saturday 8th September.

These photos were taken in Licorice Pie, one of my favourite shops in Melbourne. I also visited a number of stores across the city in Prahan, Fitzroy and Brunswick and managed to forget to take any more photographs. Probably because I was still giddy after finding one of my Aussie holy grails during the day.

Enjoyed a 14-hour record/beer session with James (of Votary / Roundtable Records fame) and Cal (once of this parish). Happy days, was great to see those guys again. We came up with several great ideas for compilations and other music related stuff, only to forget most if not all the morning after due to a crippling hangover. We'll just have to do it all again...
                          Last edited by Sie Vulture; 16-09-2012, 04:54 PM.
                          If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

• Hong Kong Island, Thursday 13th September.

Sloped off work early and jumped the Star Ferry over to the island...

Visited three record shops (two on Queen Victoria St, one on Cochrane St) and the Cat Street market.

If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

• Friday 14th September, Kowloon.

I found the number for a guy called Paul and we arranged to meet at his apartment. Paul's a bit of a legend in Kowloon, apparently. Spent 3 hours in his company and I've got to say he was a charming gent with a remarkable knowledge of local music history. He also told me a little of his life story which is also quite remarkable.

By the way, I think Paul lives in this apartment. Not quite sure where he sleeps.

Paul and I stepped out of his apartment and went to the nearby flea market in order to do a bit of digging together. He also helped me find the final record store on my hit list for the afternoon.

Also found this place close by the Temple St night market.

Comment

• great snaps !!
                                did you find much in his apartment then?!
                                Rockwell
                                Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Working...
                                X