Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bigfatolly71
    replied
    The photos Reza has posted look like an auction house not far from where I live.

There is also a tip shop in that same building with the inevitable gash records that I usually waste my time digging through in my town.

Reza do you know how often they have the music auction ,it looks quite interesting?

Leave a comment:

• reza
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Head Gardener
    replied
    Originally posted by Milesago View Post
    I presume the records in boxes and cases on the tables are all separate lots?
    In which case, whats to stop someone moving a few records about ?
    Looks interesting anyway, I'm not aware of any such auctions here.
    It must be this online auction - many of the same lots : https://www.easyliveauction.com/cata...cottees-070918

Leave a comment:

• reza
    replied
    Yes they are and in theory nothing , there are staff watching you though , saying that I bought a jazz lot last time and among them I ended up with one odd psych album that defintrly didnt belong , didn't pay much for them so have the feeling that someone may have just put it back in the wrong box by mistake , I do double check anything I may bid on on auction day though

Leave a comment:

• Milesago
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	notsmurfs.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	1045999

A Pierre Kartner classic from the dark days before he discovered smurfism and became Vader Abraham AKA Father Abraham.

Leave a comment:

• Milesago
    replied

Leave a comment:

• reza
    replied
    A few , not very good sorry, pics of viewing day for tomorrows local record auction

Leave a comment:

• babycart
    replied
    Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post

Would you need to smuggle that? Surely Mrs Babycart would be as exited as you to hear what the grooves contained? Don't tell her" you've already heard it and it's not up to much.
    I don't have to smuggle anything, to be honest. My partner doesn't mind me buying records as long as I chuck her something she likes once in a while. I just like the cloak and dagger challenge of getting records into the house without detection.
    I doubt Benjamin and his Jericho Sounds would interest her, though. I was fiddling with the radio in her new car the other week and she said "There will be NO latin rhythms in this car."

Leave a comment:

• Davedave
    replied
    I saw a seagull eating a dead rat when out for a dig the other day, I'll spare you the photos and video of this gnarly scene.

Leave a comment:

• Shere Khan
    replied
    Originally posted by babycart View Post

I get mine sent to the office then smuggle them into the house at my leisure.

Still got this Puerto Rican Xtian record in the boot, now I remember.

Name:	R-10974484-1507487386-1259.png.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	123.7 KB
ID:	1045905

Having had a listen on Youtube, it's not top my smuggling list.
    Would you need to smuggle that? Surely Mrs Babycart would be as exited as you to hear what the grooves contained? Don't tell her you've already heard it and it's not up to much.

Leave a comment:

• reza
    replied
    V Nice RedX
    There's a certain charm about them that appeals to me ,and in these days of mass reissues , total unique originality

Leave a comment:

• RedX
    replied
    Originally posted by reza View Post
    ...more homemade covers please folks
    Don't know if this in any way mimics the original cover, and it doesn't reach the heights of the previously posted one...

Leave a comment:

• babycart
    replied

When I worked in a record shop we had a regular customer who used to get his online purchases sent the shop as he could only take them home when his wife was out
    I get mine sent to the office then smuggle them into the house at my leisure.

Still got this Puerto Rican Xtian record in the boot, now I remember.

Name:	R-10974484-1507487386-1259.png.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	123.7 KB
ID:	1045905

Having had a listen on Youtube, it's not top my smuggling list.

Leave a comment:

• Milesago
    replied

When I worked in a record shop we had a regular customer who used to get his online purchases sent the shop as he could only take them home when his wife was out
    In truth my wife doesn't mind. We live in a big old 3-storey house with plenty of room.
    It's me. I'm appalled at my own ability to rationalise just about any vinyl purchase.
    Except jazz records, obviously - I'm not insane.

Leave a comment:

• reza
    replied
    Or get a divorce, one of the two.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X