• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reza
    replied
    Originally posted by Milesago View Post
    Or get a divorce, one of the two.
    When I worked in a record shop we had a regular customer who used to get his online purchases sent the shop as he could only take them home when his wife was out

Leave a comment:

• Milesago
    replied
    And it was only 50 cents...
    No stop no no no!!!

I HAVE to stop buying records just because I like the cover.
    Or get a divorce, one of the two.

Leave a comment:

• someblokecalledfuz
    replied
    Originally posted by reza View Post
    That is just fantastic , I'd have bought that no matter what record was inside , more homemade covers please folks
    Agreed!

Leave a comment:

• reza
    replied
    That is just fantastic , I'd have bought that no matter what record was inside , more homemade covers please folks

Leave a comment:

• Milesago
    replied
    Came across this lovely hand-drawn cover today. It's completely home made, including the sleeve itself and the centre hole on the back:

Click image for larger version

Name:	44364121761_8276eba609_z.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	1045886

Click image for larger version

Name:	29428352757_1db086bfe9_z.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	1045887

According to discogs, this single never had a picture sleeve.
    https://www.discogs.com/Freddy-Nimm-...elease/9325092

Love that hand-drawn Polydor logo!

I still probably buy too many records but I've managed to cure myself of giving in to every impulse, so I let this one go.

Leave a comment:

• Shere Khan
    replied
    Originally posted by Grim Lounge Cowboy View Post

I was the first person to the vinyl. I positioned myself for access to two boxes. About 45 seconds later a local dealer materialized on my left. He was pulling handfuls of 70's jazz and rock by the time I realised that I had bagged the comedy and spoken word selection.

Excellent. I needed a good laugh; I've spent most of the day clearing the garage out.

Leave a comment:

• Grim Lounge Cowboy
    replied
    Friday saw a "Save the children" book sale at the University of Western Australia. Vinyl generally features too, though on a far smaller scale.

I was the first person to the vinyl. I positioned myself for access to two boxes. About 45 seconds later a local dealer materialized on my left. He was pulling handfuls of 70's jazz and rock by the time I realised that I had bagged the comedy and spoken word selection.

I reminded myself that for him it is a living, whereas for me it is a hobby.

I ended up with a CD comp of John Surman's ECM recordings ($2).

Entrance to the hall was at the bottom of the clock tower (see the picture). I took the photo as I was leaving. The queue went around the corner and into the distance.

Leave a comment:

• Head Gardener
    replied
    popped out for milk & a paper, came back with MORE STUFF

An old Led Zep album, a 4 x CD set of ambient noises and an old T-Shirt which I was planning to use for decorating the back room
    but the missus says it's too nice! The CD thing is odd but if I put it on & go out the neighbours will think I'm very noisy or really popular!

Leave a comment:

• Headless mermaid
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Shere Khan
    replied
    Originally posted by Head Gardener View Post
    all sides of the Vaseline mug

You're not wrong, that is a piss-poor mug collection.

Leave a comment:

• Head Gardener
    replied
    all sides of the Vaseline mug

the sorry state of affairs before yesterdays fresh mug invasion, and yes that's where we keep the gin

Leave a comment:

• babycart
    replied
    I don't particularly want to get into an argument with a 40-year old mug, but I recall that the CB slang for "young lady" was "seat cover".
    10-10, good buddies.

Leave a comment:

• RedX
    replied
    Still got my old CB radio somewhere - hand-held walkie talkie stylee one. I think it was a Realistic - could be wrong - and try as I might I cannot remember what my handle was

Leave a comment:

• Head Gardener
    replied
    here are 2 more I forgot yesterday I'd not seen this royal one before, and I've seen a few

CB was the internet of it's day

Leave a comment:

• Head Gardener
    replied
    I picked up a load of new (actually quite old) mugs for 20p each at the car boot this morning, and yes
    of course I bought records too but these were really nice and most were better than the ones were already had!

all clean and ready for tea

a hole cuppa

ONE FM

for your tea

fave of them all, an original heat reactive mug

Linda Lusardi with cold water

Linda Lusardi with hot water

mmm, Vaseline marketing mug, niiice

Thatcher Out! of coffee probably

you can't beat a bit of bully

printed 3 years before the '82 World Cup

come on England, get the teas in!

yer oblig Royal mug

shaped like a boobie, with a hole at the nipple, double the hilarity as you pour scalding tea into your lap

Leave a comment:

Working...
X