Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head Gardener
    replied
    I picked up a great selection of Slim Disc flexis with some lovely discs inside an A4 folder,
    the blue/red sleeved discs both duplicates and are a mixture of classical music and spoken word

2 x card flexis's

Leave a comment:

• Head Gardener
    replied
    well chuffed with this lenticular 3D poster of Hendrix I won at the auction today - but it's kinda huge!

Leave a comment:

• Milesago
    replied
    Originally posted by Milesago View Post

Whats the LP to the left of Locomotive? I thought it was Night Sun but the roses are wrong.
    Bob Downes Open Music - Electric City.

Leave a comment:

• SirSlim
    replied
    Originally posted by Head Gardener View Post

super sweet find in a charity shop earlier - I only went to the park to walk the dog, so this has made my afternoon!
    One of my favourite Julie London LPs (both the music & the cover) - her version of "sway" is x-rated.

Leave a comment:

• Head Gardener
    replied
    Originally posted by Milesago View Post

Barry Ryan sings Paul Ryan.

brilliant, thank you! and yes, JP is notoriously tight fisted, the other stall holders say he haggles over everything which is nuts when you consider
    how he could probably afford to buy all the records in the entire hall and still have change

Leave a comment:

• Milesago
    replied
    Originally posted by Nizbit View Post
    I think Jimmy might struggle to afford those prices. What's the lp above tarot?
    I have 4 , got them very cheap, compared to his prices - Sandwich/Earth/fire/Sabbath and tarot (complete and mint) which I paid the most I've ever shelled out for on a record (250).
    I've a few aswell, and I also payed way less than the prices shown, probably cos I bought them before some people here were even born.
    The only one I paid big bucks for was Andromeda, which cost me 400 gulden in the 90s (from a well known UK psych dealer), which seemed enormous to me at the time, but its 'only' 180 euro. I have to say I still think its worth every penny of whatever you have to pay to get it.

Isnt Mr.Page notoriously tight-fisted? Did he buy anything? I approve of this kind of celebrity stalking BTW.

Whats the LP to the left of Locomotive? I thought it was Night Sun but the roses are wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Milesago
    replied

incidentally, does anyone recognise the record to the right of the Led Zep 1 in the pic above?
    Barry Ryan sings Paul Ryan.

Leave a comment:

• Davedave
    replied
    Originally posted by Great Day View Post
    Bored Civilians.
    https://www.popsike.com/Keith-CROSS-...651763512.html

Never mind all that though.... what's with the Mumford and Sons vinyl prices??
    I was thinking the same, they should sell all of their music at those prices so that no one buys it ever again.

Leave a comment:

• Great Day
    replied
    Originally posted by Nizbit View Post
    What's the lp above tarot?
    Bored Civilians.
    https://www.popsike.com/Keith-CROSS-...651763512.html

Never mind all that though.... what's with the Mumford and Sons vinyl prices??

Leave a comment:

• Nizbit
    replied
    I think Jimmy might struggle to afford those prices. What's the lp above tarot?
    I have 4 , got them very cheap, compared to his prices - Sandwich/Earth/fire/Sabbath and tarot (complete and mint) which I paid the most I've ever shelled out for on a record (250).

Leave a comment:

• Head Gardener
    replied

incidentally, does anyone recognise the record to the right of the Led Zep 1 in the pic above?

Leave a comment:

• Head Gardener
    replied

super sweet find in a charity shop earlier - I only went to the park to walk the dog, so this has made my afternoon!

Leave a comment:

• Head Gardener
    replied
    vinyl at the recent Reading fair that even Jimmy Page passed on

I have none of these

Leave a comment:

• cratedigger
    replied

I have done that before and it usually descends into an argument so I have given up complaining, it just seems obvious to me
    There are usually two versions of this:
    - chap who comes in to price records is useless and price up everything familiar to him (Beatles, Stones, Floyd) oblivious of condition or issue, while leaving obscure gems in the cheap box
    - chap who comes in to price records is not useless and price up all the dross while taking home anything saleable. You don't want this horrid Black Sabbath record sullying your Roger Whittaker collection, do you?

Leave a comment:

• Head Gardener
    replied
    Jimmy Page is well known for not wanting to have his picture taken or sign anything at record fairs
    so I was reduced to the game of taking sneaky pics - but I can tell you he smells nice, wears a lot
    of leather, has a minder and didn't buy anything off me today - though he did once buy a Public Image LP from me

Jimmy checks out his own LP but decides it's too pricey!

any lower and I may have been accused of an upskirt shot! (if he was wearing a skirt, which he wasn't - he's a black Levi's kinda guy)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X