Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• korova
    replied
    Excellent find, the Ronettes programme, ignore the creasing that's a keeper.

Leave a comment:

• Duncan
    replied
    In 1963 Spencer Davis formed a group called the Rhythm and Blues Quartette which was renamed in 1964 as guess what?

Leave a comment:

• Head Gardener
    replied
    picked up 4 x 60's programmes at the car boot this morning for £1 each! there was a 5th coz I paid a fiver the lot but I chucked it

Brenda Lee '63

I do hope everyone stood up at the end!

the first big Stones tour '64

The Stones only on their 2nd single

groovy typeface

The Paramounts soon turned into Procol Harum

shame about the cover damage, it looks like someone was testing out a pen on it!

who were the mysterious opening act?

Leave a comment:

• Head Gardener
    replied
    got some lovely things at the car boot this morning, including this badge

some guy pulled in with 5 x boxes of all new/sealed LP's I only had £60 on me but got these - would have spent more if I'd had the cash
    + I was in a bit of a rush to meet a train, it was all go!

Leave a comment:

• Head Gardener
    replied

I picked up some nice vinyl this week but was really chuffed to come across a guy at the car boot selling all his Scrabble gear.
    We've been playing the game quite often recently but have struggled with turning the board around on the table without nudging
    the letters and getting up to go to check words on the computer and joy of joys this lot solved all our Scrabble nightmares!
    £2 for everything including turntable, box of score sheets, 2 books and a nice cloth bag! It's the little things that make me happy

Leave a comment:

• cratedigger
    replied
    Just in case you didn't want to shell out for any of the Hansi OGs in the box.

Leave a comment:

• Head Gardener
    replied

picked up this Led Zep bootleg today - hey hey mama, it cost me a fiver

Leave a comment:

• Head Gardener
    replied
    I did get a few records at the weekend but these were the other things

songbook from '73 now I can actually "play away, way, play away, play away," etc

all the Bond films on Blu Ray for £20 at the boots yesterday, he wanted £1.50 each but I am a haggle-master!

Leave a comment:

• Head Gardener
    replied
    more kids lighters

Leave a comment:

• Head Gardener
    replied
    I picked up a cool selection of novelty lighters this morning, the charity shop owner told me
    "they are out the back" as they were not allowed to put them out on display - they all work!

Leave a comment:

• Head Gardener
    replied

just bagged a free sexy/80's retro/padded chair for the cellar, I broke my other leather/non-retro/unpadded one last week,
    nice cushion (possibly in lime) for extra arse paddings and I'll be sorted!

only one previous owner, probably
    Last edited by Head Gardener; 17-05-2017, 09:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Head Gardener
    replied
    Bank Holiday car boots = fewer records, more cowbell!

Last edited by Head Gardener; 01-05-2017, 02:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Sonovox
    replied
    Had to fritter away an unusually long time in town today, so ended up making the walk out to the Northern Soul shop. It was closed, as it always is, but I peered into the interior and finally spotted where the advertised-for-sale vinyl is - a small selection of singles in a suitcase on the counter. If you want to buy sofa cushions with Tamla Motown branding on them, this is the place. Today they had a nice line in "Keep The Faith" stained glass windowlettes @ £45 in the window.

Leave a comment:

• Head Gardener
    replied

first early boot of the season round here turned up some nice Indie stuff and some beautifully clean early Elvis singles
    but the big question asked around the fields was "any old iron?" well, lucky for you - the answer was YES!

Leave a comment:

• Milesago
    replied
    Last Exit To Thursford

So this is what Hubert Selby senior got up to, on the Mighty Wurlitzer in Thursford.
    I wonder what he made of 'The Room'?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X