Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head Gardener
    replied
    just back from a break in North Wales, managed to escape into Llandudno for some digging with little return
    but for a few odds and ends

this car boot was literally round the corner from our hotel, I was on holiday so didn't get there until about 11am
    (it apparently started at 6) but there were these 50p 7"s and 75p LP's - someone will still think I paid too much!

private pressing EP from '73

Danish Bacon promo flexi

an odd folk EP, I just liked the sleeve really

Move To The Music at Ragdale Hall in Leicestershire

Xian stuff on the Sian label from 1984

the charity shops of Llandudno were pretty cleaned out - probably all the gulls grabbing anything that turns up

not as exciting as you might imagine

we had to check this gig out

from Sospan Fach to Autumn Leaves, they did all the old favourites, they once appeared on TV's 'Opportunity Knocks' bless 'em

my dog Enzo looked wistfully down on the town for the finds that might have been, but were not to be

Leave a comment:

• Shere Khan
    replied
    Originally posted by babycart View Post
    i have to say that photo doesn´t really scream "Barbados" to me.
    A bottle of rum, a cutlass or a parrot would have helped.
    You're right, she hasn't really made the effort. Mind you she never realized she was going to end up in the day to day digging thread. If she had realized she'd never have let slip that a photo was taken.

Leave a comment:

• babycart
    replied
    i have to say that photo doesn´t really scream "Barbados" to me.
    A bottle of rum, a cutlass or a parrot would have helped.

Leave a comment:

• Shere Khan
    replied
    Mrs SK digging on my behalf in the only place she could find on Barbados that had any records. Alas, nothing to be had and everything there pretty wrecked anyway. She neglected to pack a portable in her luggage when she went so may have missed out on some tasty beats. It's almost as if she went there for other reasons. The bookshop is owned by former Barbados tennis champion Gregory Adams.

Leave a comment:

• Head Gardener
    replied

The crashed car in the field just over the road from the village garage sale earlier today

Leave a comment:

• Head Gardener
    replied
    there was another jolly good sweary band disc too however these pics don't do it's lovely gold sleeve justice!

Leave a comment:

• dukowski83
    replied
    Never thought I'd see Fucked Up on here HG! That single has so many variants - each with a picture of the band's favourite record shops. I'm not much of a fan of this era of the band, but their run of early singles from about 2002 to 2007 or so is amazing, probably one of my top 5 runs of releases by any punk bands, let alone contemporary ones.

Leave a comment:

• Head Gardener
    replied
    I picked up some pretty nice things on a recent trip to Milton Keynes charity shops & a garage sale earlier today.
    It really is incredible what comes out, however I missed a load of Joy Division vinyl someone just dumped on the
    grass outside their house, a bloke who was there minutes before me walking away with a bloody great grin on him.
    But I was more than happy with the stuff I found, a whole stash of Indie LP's, most still with their original Rough Trade stickers on.
    Several hand-made pressings and coloured vinyls etc, including Sufjan Stevens, Charlottefield, Sonic Youth, I wasn't complaining at £1 a pop!

Abe Vidoga debut with hand-made cover with a grey vinyl disc/insert/CD of the LP

Heading from the village garage sale I came across this car in a field of rape seed witha 'Police Aware' sticker on it

Lovely copy this scarce 2005 issue of this Mountain Goats LP

lying neglected to one side was this 7" "oh you can have that for 20p" she said, "thanks" I said

Passing through Stony Stratford my way up the high street was blocked by this house next to the funeral directors which looks like it had exploded recently!

Proving that you never know what the hell is going to turn up in a charity shop, I was pretty chuffed
    to discover this square flexi advertising a Bristol shop from 1961 tucked amongst the LP's

Leave a comment:

• Sonovox
    replied

Leave a comment:

• relkeel
    replied
    Babycart. No, that's Reggae Dans stall. The dude captured in the photo was just staring into space with his hands slack at his sides. looks like he belongs on that Litefrost LP cover.

Leave a comment:

• relkeel
    replied
    Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
    Thanks....Thought as much, been a while since I've been to one there, how are they these days?
    I couldn't recommend it with any degree of confidence especially if it involved travelling.

Leave a comment:

• amidar
    replied
    Full on Burberry + 'PM Dawn' on full display = Bargains

Leave a comment:

• babycart
    replied
    Originally posted by relkeel View Post

I like the stallholder's full-on Burberry.

Leave a comment:

• mr sayers
    replied
    Thanks....Thought as much, been a while since I've been to one there, how are they these days?

Leave a comment:

• relkeel
    replied
    Indeed Mr S. Lovely venue, though somewhat ruined by the owners Zurich Insurance attempt to turn it into a foodie/fine dining destination (which has failed) by booting out all the independent traders.
    Bottom one is Huddersfield saturday fleamarket, just round the corner from Vinyl tap.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X