Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bozak
    replied
    good old Shah, 1st time i visited him his prices were 200, 2nd time they had leapt to 500! had to walkaway and he suddenly dropped back to 200. needless to say i had the last laugh

Leave a comment:

• Milesago
    replied
    Found this in a junkshop in small town NZ. Scream magazine issue 3 from 1964 with a prescient cover:

Leave a comment:

• Head Gardener
    replied

I did really well at a HUGE record fair in London today, didn't buy anything for a change
    but took a hefty wad which will keep me in more vinyl for a while,

my stall attracts the usual deviants

the best thing I saw however was this Kraftwerk debut on the spiral Vertigo label, (mine is only the spaceship re-issue)
    but whats so unusual about this - and I have never seen another in over 35 years of record collecting is that official Vertigo £3 sticker!!
    so what you say, it's only a sticker! but I took this pic as I was so shocked to see it, walked over to a mate to tell him about it,
    we walked back to the stall a while later and the guy said, "oh sorry mate, it's gone"
    it was £400

Leave a comment:

• amidar
    replied
    Haha, yep that's the one, with Nell Gwynne on it.

Originally posted by Head Gardener View Post
    no date on the LP but I consulted the Ouija Board and it said early 80's (so it must be true)
    I have this book/flexi combo which may be the same as yours

Leave a comment:

• Head Gardener
    replied
    no date on the LP but I consulted the Ouija Board and it said early 80's (so it must be true)
    I have this book/flexi combo which may be the same as yours

Leave a comment:

• amidar
    replied
    I love old paranormal records, picked up a book a while back on past life regression from the late 70's with a free flexi inside with recordings of the hypnotist and his patients, absolutely bonkers. I remember years back there was a magazine on ghosts which came with a free record on which they had set up a tape recorder atop the graves of dead German soldiers and recorded the sounds. I seem to remember it was banned at the time, either that or I have dreamt the whole thing.

What year is that 'Ghost Hunter' album?

Leave a comment:

• Head Gardener
    replied
    a couple of unexpected finds at the indoor car boot this morning

spookily I also met my own local Ghost Detective at a car boot yesterday, our paths had first crossed
    several years ago when I met him in the village and he told me of his other great love, David Bowie!
    listen to side 1 : here - he also gave me his card

OK it's not vinyl but another nice find was this 1950's board game, it has a few dice missing but is otherwise
    in excellent condition and comes with it's own money but the values on the teams has changed quite a bit

Leave a comment:

• korova
    replied

Must have had some quality felt tip pens, mine in the seventies would have run out before I could have finished that!

Leave a comment:

• bennyboy
    replied
    You didn't buy them? Thats some UK Mingering Mike action right there.

Leave a comment:

• relkeel
    replied
    Originally posted by Cacapo View Post
    I killed my vestax the same way. RIP buddy.

Any info on the handmade sleeves? They look lovely!
    Well, I was flipping through piles of 45's in a dusty back room and these kept cropping up . Fancy that I thought, so I took a few pics.
    Condolences on your Vestax.

Leave a comment:

• Cacapo
    replied
    I killed my vestax the same way. RIP buddy.

Any info on the handmade sleeves? They look lovely!

Leave a comment:

• relkeel
    replied
    Got one...

I heart my Vestax, recently fell from a height of four feet ,business side down, picked it up dusted it off and carried on playing the same record.

Leave a comment:

• relkeel
    replied
    Ah the Seventies ,when TV ended before midnight and everyone had to be up for work the next day.... as seen in a local record joint recently.

Leave a comment:

• Fortunate One
    replied
    Originally posted by eclipsechaser View Post
    Alas JBs in Waterloo was shut when I passed this morning

Fools! No wonder they have to keep moving!

Leave a comment:

• eclipsechaser
    replied
    Slim pickings in oxfam Victoria

Leave a comment:

Working...
X