No announcement yet.

Day to Day Digging Pics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A big pic of a bloke's arse next to a couple of boxes of Neil Diamond conveniently priced. Can vgplus sink any lower?
    Last edited by medlar; 24-01-2012, 07:24 PM.
    some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Originally posted by medlar View Post
      A big pic of a bloke's arse next to a couple of boxes of Neil Diamond conviniently priced. Can vgplus sink any lower?
      Have you not seen todays 'Finds' thread??
      record licker

Comment

Originally posted by relkeel View Post
        have you not seen todays 'finds' thread??:d
        :d :d :d
        some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Originally posted by Little Jimmy Oddman View Post
          Seriously, if that picture was taken facing the other direction, there would be tens of thousands of 45s priced at a pound a go, that seem to be topped up regularly. Definitely worth a visit but leave plenty of time...
          I'm not doing much in March...
          SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by relkeel View Post
            Wendy out of Prefab Sprout: Fire her up, Paddy. I want to cop a feel.

Relkeel: Hot dog! Jumping frog!
            Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Japan is next level for digging. maybe not price wise but in terms of quantity and quality its surely hard to beat...

Comment

Hold your horses!! Wait till you see Swindon, which I visited to have lunch with an old friend here:

Very nice sardines. And egg things. And they had prawns. In the very same street (that I don't know the name of), there was, in order visited...

No records.

5 records (20% of which were Neil Diamond).

Quite a few records, and three staff who were not yer typical charity shop Grannies. One was bouncing on an exercise ball when I went in. She said 'Good morning, Sir' and as I was looking through the records, she started saying to the other staff, 'I love big balls.' Later one of the others said 'Fuck.' It was the most Rabelsian chazzer I've been to, but the records were agelasts, man.

Records underneath the folded blanket on the table in the window. Big up Jim Reeves.

No records, of course.

Yay:

Some priced up, most 20p a throw...

Plenty of fun 78s, including a tap dance instructional one, which I am hoping will be like 1930s motorik.

Then round the corner there was this:

Which contained a rooom in which there was this:

Woman in corner was haggling with a massive bloke behind the counter about the price of the Pink Floyd pulse box set.

'How much is this?'
                '£100'
                '£100?!!!?'
                'You'd get £180 instant on eBay for that.'
                'I'll give you £50'
                'One of the records in it is ruined mind'
                'Fuck that I'm not having that with ruined records'

I had a look at it afterwards, box and records k-nackered. As to the other records...

'Big ones are all £2, singles 50p. Cept for ones up on wall, they're priced up'

I should have taken the £15 Frampton Comes Alive on the wall as a warning sign (you can see it in the top photo - that's what he meant by wall), but I eagerly ploughed in. Unfortunately the person I was with was proper B O R E D by now and had begun to moan having to get dinner ready etceteraera and... but I could have spent all day in here, especially with the quality of the chat. A little kid (honestly 12) was proper haggling over the price of DVDs ('that's a bollox price man!') for ages. I asked about him after he'd gone, and I was told 'he's alright he is, buys stuff from me and flogs it on at school. Makes a lot of money he does.'

Must have had a better eye then me... looking at the stock, what a lot of Blankety Blank it was... however I had to buy something so I got some oldtime jazz with nice covers (doubtless only of interest to Mr. W. Allen), a folktale LP called 'Cotswold Characters'... and Nice N Easy Volume 5 in mint condition which I am utterly thrilled about as an old chap mailed me last year over Discogs asking me to get him one if I ever saw a copy. Swindon trounces Japan for Mr. Nash!!

Last edited by eine; 25-01-2012, 12:56 AM.
                Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

Originally posted by eine View Post
                  Hold your horses!! Wait till you see Swindon, which I visited to have lunch with an old friend here:

Very nice sardines. And egg things. And they had prawns.

Then round the corner there was this:

Which contained a rooom in which there was this:

Been in that Portugese cafe, I reckon it was OK, rather than anything else - had the salt cod/chickpea combo and a couple of other things. Nice people, average snacks.

The charities are universally awful - but I'm surprised the 'record shop' in the covered market is still there - last time I went there the bloke told me he was closing down on Record Store Day last year, as that's when his trial free rent period ran out.

And it was shit.

Knackered Led Zep 4 (with extra paint on the sleeve), £60. Buggered Faust Tapes, £25.

Did you find the junk shop with the unpriced boxes of records?

'That Shadows LP*, that goes for £80 quid on the net, I'll take £25 cash....

He did actually have some decent bits in the shop, but his pricing was between optimistic and plain mad. '666' (spaceship label), £200, etc...

terrible place to buy records!

We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

Didn't see any decent bits in there at all... apart from the £15 Frampton's ov course just piles and piles of terror. He also said he'd just opened up... guess that means he's back with avengeance.

I would dearly love to spend a day in there, more for the vibe though - he's managed to take essence of charity shop funk and make it harder and stronger by removing any whiff of charity.

Didn't find the junk shop, unfortunately. There will be another time!
                    Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

Swindon trounces Japan for Mr. Nash!!
                      Who am I to argue without visiting Swindon first.....

Comment

Plenty of fun 78s, including a tap dance instructional one, which I am hoping will be like 1930s motorik...however I had to buy something so I got some oldtime jazz with nice covers (doubtless only of interest to Mr. W. Allen).../IMG]
                        Not just Mr W.Allen. Fun 78s, oldtime jazz, the first Muppets LP, yes please!

What's on the other 78s? Are both the Kid Ory records 20s/30s recordings or 50s? Even his revival stuff is worth listening to, in my experience. I'd be delighted with a bit of Fred McDowell and Johnny Woods, if I'm reading that right.
                        Mixes, compilations and the like

Comment

Originally posted by Jarredjazz View Post
                          Who am I to argue without visiting Swindon first.....
                          Nothing can redeem Swindon for me - its a culinary black hole, with no character and they would have to be giving away copies of Amancio D'Silva's Hum Domo to make me happy to go there - which unfortunately I have to do as my wife's cousin lives there
                          "Record collecting is no mere hobby, no innocuous leisurely diversion. It is a feverish passion bordering on dementia, driving those under the influence to irrational, compulsive, fanatical extremes."

Night of the Living Vinyl

Comment

Originally posted by Little Jimmy Oddman View Post
                            Not just Mr W.Allen. Fun 78s, oldtime jazz, the first Muppets LP, yes please!

What's on the other 78s? Are both the Kid Ory records 20s/30s recordings or 50s? Even his revival stuff is worth listening to, in my experience. I'd be delighted with a bit of Fred McDowell and Johnny Woods, if I'm reading that right.
                            As to the trad stuff, I've been pleasantly surprised by this...

(though British issue on Vogue and sounded ace, surprisingly deep bass).

Both the Ory's are 50s. A French 10" with a peach of a cover (if a bit knackered):

And the other one being Song of A Wanderer which I quite liked!

78s:

Danceland: Practical records for Tap Dancing
                            Swiss, Czech, Yugoslav and Greek national dances
                            Swedish, Breton and Italian national dances
                            Ron Goodwin - "Red Cloak"
                            Charles Williams - Dream of Olwen
                            Ray Martin - Blue Tango

Yours if you want them, Jim!
                            Last edited by eine; 02-02-2012, 10:15 PM.

Comment

" Come here,come here, I don't have to do this you know, I've been a millionaire twice over"

record licker

Comment

Sausage fest with no end

record licker

Comment

Working...
                                X