X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• someblokecalledfuz
    replied
    Originally posted by Head Gardener View Post

haha, yeah my missus said the same thing about the singles and you are both right but hey, I see it as good promotion for the show really and yes I am stamping my authority on the city and I've only been here a few weeks - found some more bits today at my first Scottish car boot but will post finds in the other thread. I'll be happy to head to the capital soon but looks like we may have just found a house so fingers x it doesn't stop me digging!
    Tell us about the jazz collection haul...

Leave a comment:

• Head Gardener
    replied
    Originally posted by someblokecalledfuz View Post
    “It’s fantastic to have discovered these commemorative records, especially in such beautifully clean and unscratched condition, which shows that the previous owner must have really treasured them and kept them safe."

Or alternatively "They're so bad they were played once and never touched again, until the owner passed on and they were taken to the auction you bought them at" I have one of these, I bought it (very cheaply) because I coud not believe just how brand spanking new it looked for an old object, so there may be a theme here!!!

Nice job on the promotion, seems like you're settling in well... when are you venturing over to Edinburgh?
    haha, yeah my missus said the same thing about the singles and you are both right but hey, I see it as good promotion for the show really and yes I am stamping my authority on the city and I've only been here a few weeks - found some more bits today at my first Scottish car boot but will post finds in the other thread. I'll be happy to head to the capital soon but looks like we may have just found a house so fingers x it doesn't stop me digging!

Leave a comment:

• someblokecalledfuz
    replied
    “It’s fantastic to have discovered these commemorative records, especially in such beautifully clean and unscratched condition, which shows that the previous owner must have really treasured them and kept them safe."

Or alternatively "They're so bad they were played once and never touched again, until the owner passed on and they were taken to the auction you bought them at" I have one of these, I bought it (very cheaply) because I coud not believe just how brand spanking new it looked for an old object, so there may be a theme here!!!

Nice job on the promotion, seems like you're settling in well... when are you venturing over to Edinburgh?

Leave a comment:

• Head Gardener
    replied

The local Dundee Courier newspaper have done a feature on my record collecting habits today, it's on their site with a video of me waffling on the hoof with the article itself to be published soon, possibly tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• Duncan
    replied
    Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post

Looks like the kind of record bag Jay Gatsby might have slung over his shoulder after a hard day drowning in beauty.
    His puffa jacket has a leak.

Leave a comment:

• Shere Khan
    replied
    found me a posh cloth record bag from a long defunct Scottish chain store today

Looks like the kind of record bag Jay Gatsby might have slung over his shoulder after a hard day drowning in beauty.

Leave a comment:

• Head Gardener
    replied
    found me a posh cloth record bag from a long defunct Scottish chain store today

High Street, Edinburgh. This started life in St Mary's Street round the corner, but I don't remember it from then. The High Street shop sold new stock on the ground floor, and had a huge supply of...

Leave a comment:

• Milesago
    replied
    I can't recall if I've ever seen this before. Phil Seymour was in 20/20 and was half of the Dwight Twilley Band. Besides his involvement in seminal power pop groups, he had an impressive collection of stripey t-shirts and matching wallpaper.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200703_153236207_1.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	1,004.5 KB
ID:	1054504

Name:	IMG_20200703_153244394_1.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	945.4 KB
ID:	1054505

Leave a comment:

• Milesago
    replied

Name:	IMG_20200703_100456642_1.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	855.2 KB
ID:	1054502​​​​​​​
    First record fair here since the Corona pandemic shut everything down. Just 10 stalls (inevitably 2 I skipped completely for the usual reasons) so it was over too soon but hugely enjoyable.

Leave a comment:

• Head Gardener
    replied
    damn! you need to come a-booting with me sir

Leave a comment:

• Duncan
    replied
    A bloke at the car boot yesterday had some rubbish LP's but he was REALLY scraping the barrel with this box of used shells from WWII

Scrap copper is £2.06 a pound at present. You should have offered him 50p the lot.

Leave a comment:

• Head Gardener
    replied
    A bloke at the car boot yesterday had some rubbish LP's but he was REALLY scraping the barrel with this box of used shells from WWII

Leave a comment:

• Grim Lounge Cowboy
    replied
    Here we have the "dollar bins" I have mentioned on and off over the last few years. Although there is the occasional more expensive record. One of my batch today was $4.

In the room behind the window there are the remnants of a collection of big game animal stuffed heads. There are still 7 or 8. Tell me if you would like me to acquire on your behalf.

Further into the shop there is a larger vinyl display. Reissues are becoming a larger section of the stock. And the second hand furniture and mantiques that were a staple are becoming scarcer.

Look carefully and you can see a 'Cliff goes East ' which I briefly considered for its Hawkshaw involvement.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Grim Lounge Cowboy; 29-03-2020, 09:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Shere Khan
    replied
    Originally posted by candiman View Post

World's smallest car boot? - A bronze medal at least.

No records (unsurprisingly) but my other half shelled out 30NZD for a very nice necklace.

A woman with a guitar provided live music too.
    If you go anywhere near Oamaru go and see my old friend Michael O'Brien, the bookbinder, and demand some whisky.

Leave a comment:

• Headless mermaid
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X