X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SirSlim
    replied
    Originally posted by Sie Vulture View Post
    If you look back thro' this thread I am sure there is a picture of the uber-rare Bhoot Bungla OST next to a copy of The Sound Of Music...

I love those jarring juxtapositions of the mega-rare and ubiquitous.

Leave a comment:

• Sie Vulture
    replied
    Originally posted by SirSlim View Post
    Nice to see the "west side story" OST nestling in with all the Indian Soundtrack raers...
    If you look back thro' this thread I am sure there is a picture of the uber-rare Bhoot Bungla OST next to a copy of The Sound Of Music...

Leave a comment:

• Sie Vulture
    replied
    Originally posted by Expiry2011 View Post
    ... and is that When Man Loves a Woman as well???
    Indeed it is, eagle-eyes...

Leave a comment:

• Expiry2011
    replied
    Nice to see the "west side story" OST nestling in with all the Indian Soundtrack raers...

Not to mention Flashdance - and is that When Man Loves a Woman as well???

Leave a comment:

• SirSlim
    replied
    Originally posted by Sie Vulture View Post
    Mumbai, Tuesday 11th November.

Leave a comment:

• Sie Vulture
    replied
    Delhi, Thursday 13th November

I dropped into Old Delhi -specifically Chandni Chowk- for a quick dig around my usual haunts.

Leave a comment:

• Sie Vulture
    replied
    Mumbai, Tuesday 11th November.

After work I drove into the south of Mumbai city and visited the seller known to Saint Jude and I as "VT Man".

Leave a comment:

• alanmck
    replied
    another copy of Charanjit Singh?

thanks Simon, you've got my address.

Leave a comment:

• Sie Vulture
    replied
    Mumbai, Monday 10th November.

I was working in India last week and whilst in Mumbai I paid an old friend a visit and we had a rummage around his two apartments full of Indian records. He also showed me his collection of Beatles 78's.

Leave a comment:

• SirSlim
    replied
    Originally posted by Little Jimmy Oddman View Post
    Mrs Miller was Stereo Gold Award's knock off version of Mrs Mills. It's also a reference to the bloke who ran the label (and dozens of other budget labels), Dave Miller aka Leo Muller.

The fact that piece of information is in my head worries me slightly.
    On the contrary - it's knowledge like this that makes VG+ the special place that it is.

Leave a comment:

• Sonovox
    replied
    Originally posted by cratedigger View Post
    I am sure there is a PhD thesis worth of material on utterly terrible cover versions of Yellow Submarine. This bonkers ARP effort would be worth a chapter on its own:

I would also cite the "gargling through trumpets" version by The Tattoos but even YouTube is scared to go there.

Leave a comment:

• Little Jimmy Oddman
    replied
    Mrs Miller was Stereo Gold Award's knock off version of Mrs Mills. It's also a reference to the bloke who ran the label (and dozens of other budget labels), Dave Miller aka Leo Muller.

The fact that piece of information is in my head worries me slightly.

Leave a comment:

• cratedigger
    replied
    First thought it was Mrs. Elva Miller, the old lady who covered The Beatles off key in the sixties, but it doesn't look like her.
    Crud-ploitation?
    I have this one by the real Mrs. Miller:

Leave a comment:

• Plainstone
    replied
    Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
    ^ The second one looks much better!
    Believe it or not, it was. Managed to mint up on some old favourites, and took a few punts as everything was half price for the last hour. The Harajuku event, on the other hand, was all Internet prices and "cheap boxes" full of ringworn chud.

No relation?
    Actually when I pulled that LP to take the pic that's who I thought it was. Only realised differently when I was checking the photo on the train home.

Leave a comment:

• SirSlim
    replied
    Originally posted by Plainstone View Post

No relation?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X