Clear All

• Sie Vulture
    replied
    Tel Aviv, Thursday 18th September:-

Leave a comment:

• babycart
    replied
    Originally posted by Sonovox View Post

When you're in the mood for Lycra, relax to the the sounds of Syd Lawrence, Rod Stewart, The New Vaudeville Band and Aphrodite's Child in one harmonious package.
    Rod was often in the mood for Lycra, though

Leave a comment:

• Sonovox
    replied

When you're in the mood for Lycra, relax to the the sounds of Syd Lawrence, Rod Stewart, The New Vaudeville Band and Aphrodire's Child in one harmonious package.

Leave a comment:

• Medicine Weasel
    replied
    Originally posted by Sie Vulture View Post
    Looks like you've had an amazing time..! Some familiar faces and places in those photos.
    I had a feeling that would be the case! Shah and HK flat?

Leave a comment:

• Medicine Weasel
    replied
    Originally posted by SirSlim View Post
    Barber shop and food emporium?
    Chilli paneer all over your freshly trimmed moustache. Oh dear.

Leave a comment:

• Medicine Weasel
    replied
    Originally posted by MPFlapp View Post
    @Medicine Weasel - made my day with those pics - hats off fella - portal inspection picture is class... if I ever make it over I'm in for a haircut and a shave as an interlude between shops... as an aside did you find a good beer emporium..?
    Thanks mate! If you get to Jaisalmer you could do worse than check yourself into Vinit Hair Art. Took my beard to another level. Didn't spot much in the way of beer emporiums I'm afraid to say - beer in general was fairly pricey by Indian standards. Much preferred the Bia Hoi in Vietnam!

Leave a comment:

• MPFlapp
    replied
    @Medicine Weasel - made my day with those pics - hats off fella - portal inspection picture is class... if I ever make it over I'm in for a haircut and a shave as an interlude between shops... as an aside did you find a good beer emporium..?

Leave a comment:

• SirSlim
    replied
    Originally posted by Medicine Weasel View Post
    [/URL]
    Barber shop and food emporium?

Leave a comment:

• Sie Vulture
    replied
    Looks like you've had an amazing time..! Some familiar faces and places in those photos.

Leave a comment:

• reza
    replied
    wow great photos

Leave a comment:

• Medicine Weasel
    replied
    Just starting the arduous task of editing a few thousand pictures from the last 12 months on the road - here's a few of the digging related ones (more to come) Will also post something in the recent finds / trades thread when I've had time to sift through the substantial stack of dusty records. Note to anyone digging in India, there is no longer cheapy surface mail...discovered this after snapping up about 60's LP's. Broke the bank sending it home with DHL!

Beijing - nothing but overpriced classical and operatic numbers here.

Shop on the outskirts of Ho Chi Minh. This guy was buzzing off the portable - couldn't let it go with 11 months of my trip left!

Had literally an hour in Hong Kong before catching a connecting flight to KL - went round to this guys flat, gave him a knock, woke him up, purchased a few overpriced bootlegs. Massively too keen to buy records after a lengthy but predictable drought in China, even if that meant nearly missing a flight.

Got the Shah treatment in Delhi - went to the market shop, then took a ride out to this warehouse. Not cheap but good to come away with a few off the wants list.

Top guy in Jodhpur. The Chai was flowing and I cashed in on the cheap Lp's. Big Babla and Bappi action!

Market in Madurai. This guy insisted on cranking up the wind-up grammophone in celebration of my modest purchase.

Vinit. Jaisalmer. Pro Babu.

Leave a comment:

• alanmck
    replied
    Last Saturday morning, I participated in The Hunger(ford) Games...

Leave a comment:

• cratedigger
    replied
    Originally posted by babycart View Post
    they´re not looking for anything, they´re just "having a look." It´s a pleasant, if fruitless activity that i´ve done on many occasions. You don´t get many £5 classic rock records but you do get a decent nights kip, a proper breakfast and, best of all, you don´t have to jostle with dealers and grippers.
    I have occasionally found good records late. Nothing easy of course. Either because the seller arrived late, after the dealers made the round, or because it was too obscure and unremarkable looking for the grippers.

Leave a comment:

• mr sayers
    replied
    Food for thought!

Originally posted by Campag Record View Post
    That's very kind of you Craig. I have a long list that I need from your collection
    Sure thing Nige man, i've had time to reflect over this thread, and have realised the errors of my ways. I need to trim my vulgar bloated collection from the 789 records I currently own to a more civilised and manageable 250! -

http://waxidermy.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=52069

Leave a comment:

• babycart
    replied
    Originally posted by Campag Record View Post

I would like to think the woman is teaching the child which are the James Last LP's to grip.
    with special rhymes

H is for Hair because Hansi's no baldie
    And V is for Voodoo, not Viva Vivaldi

Leave a comment:

Working...
X