Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Day to Day Digging Pics

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by Sie Vulture View Post
    Off to the New Gramophone House on Friday - believe it or not, it wasn't open on Sunday - the busiest shopping day of the week for Indians..!

    More pics to follow...
    Great pics Sie! I look forwardc to hearing about your finds.

    That toilet photo reminds me when I did a house call to an ex-northern soulie turned smack head. Major Trainspotting vibes!
    it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
    take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by Sie Vulture View Post
      My hands were covered in dirt and dust when I'd finished and needed a damn good wash; but then again they always are - inc places in Europe and the US...

      The owner usually gets you a bowl of water and you drip dry in the street. Sorted.
      In the first location Sie the place looks like heaven to me, dirty/dusty or not. This is what up to date tetanus jabs are for. All my digs have been in shops and not in particulaly interesting locations.

      Comment


      • #48
        Great pics!

        Originally posted by Y1000 View Post
        This is what up to date tetanus jabs are for.
        Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

        Comment


        • #49
          That toilet photo is unbelieveable! I've been in some dirty, smelly, insect or rodent infested spots but thats the worst I've ever seen.

          BTW, whenever I remember them I try to bring those lemon-scented wetwipe things in little sachets, what airlines used to call "refreshing towelettes" back in the days of relatively civilized air travel. Very handy for cleaning grimey hands after going through something like that.
          Dave Lee Roth, I Too Am Running With This Devil Of Which You Speak (sic)

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Milesago View Post
            BTW, whenever I remember them I try to bring those lemon-scented wetwipe things in little sachets, what airlines used to call "refreshing towelettes" back in the days of relatively civilized air travel. Very handy for cleaning grimey hands after going through something like that.
            This sort of thing is a good alternative, as long as you're not flying with hand luggage only.


            ...And you call that a work trip, Sie? I look forward to seeing the contents of those parcels.
            You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by Rich Hero View Post
              ...And you call that a work trip, Sie?
              Nope, I call it a Sunday afternoon, you cheeky wotsit.

              Although I must admit, if I get my toe down I should be able to get finished for Friday lunchtime and get the afternoon off. Got to hit up that one last spot before I fly home...
              If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

              Comment


              • #52
                great photos & well done for getting deep & dirty..
                rewards due definitely.
                collecting records taught me everything i never needed to know

                soundtracks from collaborative projects :cool:

                Comment


                • #53
                  Yeah Sie, raddness!! Forgot to say so.
                  Looks like a fun time dude
                  You can't take a stocking offa bare leg

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    New contender for the dirtiest record shop in Japan (Kanto League, Division III). Grubbiness factor enhanced by the stacks of '80s scat porno VHS tapes by the entrance (ooh err missus). Note the bundles of 45s in old rice bags ... nice touch, though somewhat cockroach-friendly come the summertime, I fear.

                    https://oneboxrecordfair.wordpress.com/
                    http://twitter.com/#!/obrftokyo
                    https://instagram.com/obrftokyo/
                    https://www.facebook.com/Its-Time-Fo...5685810999497/

                    Formerly, lecturer at the University of Rome, with two commas and a full stop in the normal way.

                    (=^ェ^=)

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by Plainstone View Post
                      New contender for the dirtiest record shop in Japan (Kanto League, Division III). Grubbiness factor enhanced by the stacks of '80s scat porno VHS tapes by the entrance (ooh err missus). Note the bundles of 45s in old rice bags ... nice touch, though somewhat cockroach-friendly come the summertime, I fear.

                      Nice. I always wonder if the seller actually belives someone is gonna go thru those dirty piles and bags of crap???

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by Plainstone View Post
                        stacks of '80s scat porno
                        ...if in doubt consult your dealer.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by Headless mermaid View Post
                          Nice. I always wonder if the seller actually belives someone is gonna go thru those dirty piles and bags of crap???
                          to be honest i woudnt hesitate, better than diggin in charity shops that always seem to me to smell of piss.
                          'Swear I am evil when Ive had a few'

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Spot in Malmö, southern Sweden



                            Comment


                            • #59
                              I admire the extreme modesty of these category dividers:

                              To infinity - and beyond!

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                The Empress Of Soul...only Soulish

                                Did you find anything mildly interesting?
                                record licker

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X