X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shere Khan
    replied
    Originally posted by babycart View Post

I wonder which one of them would go up more spectacularly if you introduced them to a naked flame? My money's on Brian. WHOOOMPH.
    Possibly; that neckerchief is an accident waiting to happen- then the flames will spread quite easily to the beard.

Leave a comment:

• bongolia
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20180912_125131.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	1049413

Just found this on my phone from a few months back. Was the most interesting record on a trip round some very disappointing charities. Just noticed the track titles now - "Dance of the Buttocks"?

Leave a comment:

• babycart
    replied
    Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post

Everything about Brian marks him out as a fine fellow. He has the jacket casually slung over his shoulder, the hand resting nonchalantly on the belt, the pale blue shirt enlivened by the neckerchief, the beard; his whole attitude is quite jaunty. George, on the other hand is a bit limp all 'round. He looks as if he's saying 'Ooh, get me and my leafy shirt- which is a bit tight in the chest region. Please buy my record, I still need to finish paying off this belt'.
    I wonder which one of them would go up more spectacularly if you introduced them to a naked flame? My money's on Brian. WHOOOMPH.

Leave a comment:

• Shere Khan
    replied
    Originally posted by bongolia View Post
    I'm half regretting not getting them now. Especially when I still have two unused LP frames that I found in a charity a few weeks back.

Brian's belt is very fine indeed, George's looks a bit cheap though, like a bargain bikers' belt.
    Everything about Brian marks him out as a fine fellow. He has the jacket casually slung over his shoulder, the hand resting nonchalantly on the belt, the pale blue shirt enlivened by the neckerchief, the beard; his whole attitude is quite jaunty. George, on the other hand is a bit limp all 'round. He looks as if he's saying 'Ooh, get me and my leafy shirt- which is a bit tight in the chest region. Please buy my record, I still need to finish paying off this belt'.

Leave a comment:

• bongolia
    replied
    I'm half regretting not getting them now. Especially when I still have two unused LP frames that I found in a charity a few weeks back.

Brian's belt is very fine indeed, George's looks a bit cheap though, like a bargain bikers' belt.

Leave a comment:

• Shere Khan
    replied
    Think I might give up buying records and plough the money into belts instead.

Leave a comment:

• bongolia
    replied

Name:	20190214_113550.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	125.3 KB
ID:	1049369

Name:	20190214_113625.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	1049370

Leave a comment:

• Head Gardener
    replied
    recent find, The Story Of Ten Years Of European Co-operation (1960)

Leave a comment:

• Turboellis
    replied
    Originally posted by Sie Vulture View Post
    Lots more albums than last year or previous years, I went through all of the 'new arrivals' that were on the floor and piled up next to the counter. Shop was quiet, I had the place to myself all afternoon.
    Sounds like heaven to me ...

Leave a comment:

• Shere Khan
    replied
    Originally posted by bongolia View Post
    Digging in IKEA - disappointing.

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	1048540

(I don't go very often, but this is the first time I've actually seen an LP displayed on any of the 12" shelving they make)
    and they haven't even got it in the right way around. Mind you, assuming it's your only record I suppose it's easy enough to see what it is- won't keep the dust out, though.

Leave a comment:

• bongolia
    replied
    Digging in IKEA - disappointing.

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	1048540

(I don't go very often, but this is the first time I've actually seen an LP displayed on any of the 12" shelving they make)

Leave a comment:

• Brass Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by candiman View Post

I would have been looking for Soul 45s and Jazz albums in Cheapo so don't know if there were many of those?
    Very definite NO on the jazz LPs. A less confident NO on the Soul 45s - I'm not the most diligent of diggers.

Leave a comment:

• candiman
    replied
    Originally posted by Brass Monkey View Post
    Hey Candiman - if it makes you feel better I went to Cheapo records in August and there wasn't a great deal of interest there (for me at least but it's horses for courses innit). A whole lot of walking for very little in the way of records. Owner was nice enough though. That east coast trip looks great. The family is planning a similar trip next year but Boston south towards Carolina.
    It was a fantastic trip all round. Our daughter is 30 and son 27 now so to have a family holiday was a real bonus too as it's a few years now since we have had one.

I would have been looking for Soul 45s and Jazz albums in Cheapo so don't know if there were many of those?

Leave a comment:

• Milesago
    replied

Name:	bettie.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	1047351

A tennis instructional series and the inspiration for a band name.

Leave a comment:

• Brass Monkey
    replied
    Hey Candiman - if it makes you feel better I went to Cheapo records in August and there wasn't a great deal of interest there (for me at least but it's horses for courses innit). A whole lot of walking for very little in the way of records. Owner was nice enough though. That east coast trip looks great. The family is planning a similar trip next year but Boston south towards Carolina.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X