No announcement yet.

Day to Day Digging Pics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best of the Ink Spots lurking on the left.
    'I have avoided competitive situations because I am not a baboon'

Comment

• Originally posted by bennyboy View Post
      You should get that copy of Wave.
      I do have that already but I was passing through today didn't even really have time to dig deep as someone texted me out of the blue
      to say "I will leave a load of records on the doorstep for you" along with an address - in Northampton. I went round and picked up
      3 big boxes, I knocked to say thanks but no reply, they have turned out to be 80% chuff but there were a few Bruton gems and some
      Folky bits so that was a nice surprise - folks can be so nice. I will drop the rest at Barnardo's tomorrow, mostly classical & Wings, lol
      The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

• Ha, ok, as an excuse it works.

Comment

• Last Exit To Thursford

So this is what Hubert Selby senior got up to, on the Mighty Wurlitzer in Thursford.
          I wonder what he made of 'The Room'?
          Dave Lee Roth, I Too Am Running With This Devil Of Which You Speak (sic)

Comment

• first early boot of the season round here turned up some nice Indie stuff and some beautifully clean early Elvis singles
            but the big question asked around the fields was "any old iron?" well, lucky for you - the answer was YES!

The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

• Had to fritter away an unusually long time in town today, so ended up making the walk out to the Northern Soul shop. It was closed, as it always is, but I peered into the interior and finally spotted where the advertised-for-sale vinyl is - a small selection of singles in a suitcase on the counter. If you want to buy sofa cushions with Tamla Motown branding on them, this is the place. Today they had a nice line in "Keep The Faith" stained glass windowlettes @ £45 in the window.

Comment

• Bank Holiday car boots = fewer records, more cowbell!

Last edited by Head Gardener; 01-05-2017, 03:09 PM.
                The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

• just bagged a free sexy/80's retro/padded chair for the cellar, I broke my other leather/non-retro/unpadded one last week,
                  nice cushion (possibly in lime) for extra arse paddings and I'll be sorted!

only one previous owner, probably
                  Last edited by Head Gardener; 17-05-2017, 10:42 PM.
                  The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

• I picked up a cool selection of novelty lighters this morning, the charity shop owner told me
                    "they are out the back" as they were not allowed to put them out on display - they all work!

The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

• more kids lighters

The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

• I did get a few records at the weekend but these were the other things

songbook from '73 now I can actually "play away, way, play away, play away," etc

all the Bond films on Blu Ray for £20 at the boots yesterday, he wanted £1.50 each but I am a haggle-master!
                        The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

• picked up this Led Zep bootleg today - hey hey mama, it cost me a fiver

The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

• Just in case you didn't want to shell out for any of the Hansi OGs in the box.
                            ------------------------------------------------------
                            "This is Modpowerpopsouljunkierock´n´roll so stop post shit like Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd, Grace Jones , Led Zeppelin and some other boring blues stuff, that kind of music don´t belong in this group, if I´ll ever see shit like that posted in this group again that person will be banned from this group forever!!!!"

Comment

• I picked up some nice vinyl this week but was really chuffed to come across a guy at the car boot selling all his Scrabble gear.
                              We've been playing the game quite often recently but have struggled with turning the board around on the table without nudging
                              the letters and getting up to go to check words on the computer and joy of joys this lot solved all our Scrabble nightmares!
                              £2 for everything including turntable, box of score sheets, 2 books and a nice cloth bag! It's the little things that make me happy
                              The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

• got some lovely things at the car boot this morning, including this badge

some guy pulled in with 5 x boxes of all new/sealed LP's I only had £60 on me but got these - would have spent more if I'd had the cash
                                + I was in a bit of a rush to meet a train, it was all go!

The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X