No announcement yet.

Day to Day Digging Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• picked up 4 x 60's programmes at the car boot this morning for £1 each! there was a 5th coz I paid a fiver the lot but I chucked it

Brenda Lee '63

I do hope everyone stood up at the end!

the first big Stones tour '64

The Stones only on their 2nd single

groovy typeface

The Paramounts soon turned into Procol Harum

shame about the cover damage, it looks like someone was testing out a pen on it!

who were the mysterious opening act?
    The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

• In 1963 Spencer Davis formed a group called the Rhythm and Blues Quartette which was renamed in 1964 as guess what?
      eat chocolate-creams with the appetite of a blase parrot. H H Munro.

Comment

• Excellent find, the Ronettes programme, ignore the creasing that's a keeper.

Comment

• indeed, when I asked how much they were I kept the Stylistics programme on the top of the pile just in case, but they were not interested in them and I could have even haggled!
          The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

• Excellent, the Beatles one worth much? The Ronettes one is a thing of beauty.

Comment

• I'll post some finds up in the proper thread when I get my act together, but just quickly, a few weeks ago as I was chucking some stuff at the tip someone went past me with with armfuls of records and and threw them into the general waste, then more people went past and did the same thing. Bit surprised, I popped over to the van they were unloading and in amongst a few bits of furniture the whole back of the van was stuffed with records, turns out they had a big dance collection in a basement but 'as they were all warped' they were throwing them away. What they meant was that some of the covers were dirty, as the records I pulled out all looked fine. They let me pull out a box to take as a pot luck thing (I should have just pulled my car over and just unloaded the lot into the back, really). All dance, mostly early 90's trance, but runs of label releases and some semi raer 12's and LP's, so worth the save from the incinerator. Somebody had obviously put a lot of time and money into the whole collection, crazy they just decided to throw them away as their tastes had changed. I grabbed a tiny amount of what they were throwing away, so god know what they got rid of.

Comment

• A message from Jacek - philosopher, poet, ransom letter adept .

Click image for larger version

Name:	sbb.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	1037566

Click image for larger version

Name:	sbb2.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	153.6 KB
ID:	1037567

Dave Lee Roth, I Too Am Running With This Devil Of Which You Speak (sic)

Comment

• it's simply market forces, you want it signed? it's gonna cost ya!

yer standard issue, £1 - sorted

unlikely to be signed by Lennie Peters but Dianne Lee will sort ye
                  The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

• popped into the new Salvation Army shop in Abington St, Northampton and was shocked by their bloody stupid pricing of vinyl...
                    I couldn't even be arsed to moan about it to a member of staff as they obviously have "a chap who comes in and prices everything" I just won't go back.

The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

• You should tell them that this guy is not helping them by making sure their vinyl dross never leaves the premises...
                      "Here comes the Fun Cooker!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Slim Jim View Post
                        You should tell them that this guy is not helping them by making sure their vinyl dross never leaves the premises...
                        I have done that before and it usually descends into an argument so I have given up complaining, it just seems obvious to me

The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

• Jimmy Page is well known for not wanting to have his picture taken or sign anything at record fairs
                          so I was reduced to the game of taking sneaky pics - but I can tell you he smells nice, wears a lot
                          of leather, has a minder and didn't buy anything off me today - though he did once buy a Public Image LP from me

Jimmy checks out his own LP but decides it's too pricey!

any lower and I may have been accused of an upskirt shot! (if he was wearing a skirt, which he wasn't - he's a black Levi's kinda guy)
                          The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Head Gardener View Post

I have done that before and it usually descends into an argument so I have given up complaining, it just seems obvious to me
                            There are usually two versions of this:
                            - chap who comes in to price records is useless and price up everything familiar to him (Beatles, Stones, Floyd) oblivious of condition or issue, while leaving obscure gems in the cheap box
                            - chap who comes in to price records is not useless and price up all the dross while taking home anything saleable. You don't want this horrid Black Sabbath record sullying your Roger Whittaker collection, do you?
                            ------------------------------------------------------
                            "This is Modpowerpopsouljunkierock´n´roll so stop post shit like Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd, Grace Jones , Led Zeppelin and some other boring blues stuff, that kind of music don´t belong in this group, if I´ll ever see shit like that posted in this group again that person will be banned from this group forever!!!!"

Comment

• vinyl at the recent Reading fair that even Jimmy Page passed on

I have none of these
                              The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

• super sweet find in a charity shop earlier - I only went to the park to walk the dog, so this has made my afternoon!
                                The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X