No announcement yet.

Day to Day Digging Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, would have bought that too. Would have been interested to hear the creative differences between Mick and Eric.
    Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

• it's £10 though is it worth a blind listen on a tenner?
      The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

• no, probably wouldn't take a punt for a tenner - you didn't mention that! The box didn't look like it was somewhere that would be charging that. No plastic sleeves etc

looks like the kind of find where if you go back and it's still there it'll turn out to be shit and if you go back the next day and it's gone it was good

Comment

• Originally posted by bongolia View Post
          no, probably wouldn't take a punt for a tenner - you didn't mention that! The box didn't look like it was somewhere that would be charging that. No plastic sleeves etc

looks like the kind of find where if you go back and it's still there it'll turn out to be shit and if you go back the next day and it's gone it was good
          haha, yeah but if it turns out to be some long lost Banbury based classic I'll be pissed to have missed it!
          The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

• Haggle!

Comment

• Apart from Wives and Lovers, the covers seem on the staid side, although Nuages is an interesting inclusion. I would be restless about Mambo on Sunday, though. It might just be a scorching latin jazz tribute by Mick and Stan to the Tjader/Palmieri partnership, with Mick laying down a serious conga workout while Eric handles the claves and yells "Banbury pa'lante, ahi na' ma'" etc
              Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

• *edit - went back with my proper glasses and noticed the condition wasn't up to scratch (it was actually scratched) so no will not get it and have left it to be discovered in some un-named shop somewhere in the middle of England
                Last edited by Head Gardener; 24-10-2018, 12:49 PM.
                The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

• Just back from a two week family holiday in New England. This was essentially a road trip – I shared the driving with my daughter - starting at Boston and going anti clockwise up coast to South Portland , across into the White Mountains, down to Providence (where we hooked up with our son who is doing a research placement at Brown), across to Cape Cod and finally back up the coast to Boston. A fantastic trip all round.

Opportunities for digging were limited but managed to hit a few stores and thrifts.

Would have liked to visit Cheapo Records in Boston but couldn't work that in to the itinerary. This was as close as I got to round things. If you look closely it says “Made in India” at the bottom. Trump will no doubt be having that replaced as soon as.

Foregoing a stroll around Rockport I did manage to be left to my own devices at Mystery Train in Gloucester MA for over an hour. Great shop which I only really scratched the surface of. Tim was a very pleasant host. Loads of big ones and a fair amount of little ones. All arranged by genre (of which there were many) with a few racks of recent arrivals which were not in genre (which is good). Definitely one to spend a few hours in.

On our way to the White Mountains stumbled across Revolution Records a record shop in North Conway NH. Wasn't expecting to see one there. It has been open about 18 months apparently lending more weight to the “vinyl is back” theme. Had to go in but only spent about 10 minutes in there. Not that big, all albums. Fairly mainstream was my impression, but reasonable prices.
                  Forgot to get a pic of the shop, so above you see the North Conway covered bridge.

On our way to Providence we used all the scenic byways and had to drop in on Chichester NH as that is our family name! Appropriately there was also a Thrift there and I found a Jackie Wilson album for a dollar. I will always remember where I bought that one!

Just around the corner from where my son is staying in Providence there is a record shop but all heavy metal by all accounts so gave it a miss. Managed 30 minutes in Olympic just before they were closing, sharing a turntable with the one other guy in there. Again a friendly owner. Equal amount of space given to big ones and little ones. Again nothing really obscure I would say but reasonable prices. The little ones were my interest, they were arranged simply alphabetically which was a bit of a trial with limited time but I managed to come away with 4. Passed another shop on Wickenden (Round Again) but that was already closed for the day.

Great hosts at our AirBnB in Providence. Both artists each with their own studios in the house. Tracey is clearly also a lover of retro/antiques and there were very tasteful pieces all over the house, including a beautiful old Zenith “suitcase” style record player (with, out of picture, flat speakers).

On our last day we fiddled our way back up the coast taking in Sandwich and Plymouth. Sandwich is twinned with Sandwich in Kent. Very pretty, and like many villages/towns we passed through plenty of money about too it seemed. We were just idly browsing the “nick nack” shops really not intending to buy anything. Wandered into Macdonald's Emporium in Sandwich (as opposed to Macdonald's Sandwich Emporium). A slightly curious place. It seemed to be part sweet shop, part cheap clothes shop, and part consignment / second hand shop.... and surprise surprise, there were a few records. I bagged (literally as they were individually enclosed in plastic bags) six 45s – two of which were probably by best finds of the whole trip. Result.

Will document the finds in the October Finds thread. (We just managed to avoid an extra baggage charge).

Comment

• Originally posted by candiman View Post

Would have liked to visit Cheapo Records in Boston but couldn't work that in to the itinerary. This was as close as I got to round things. If you look closely it says “Made in India” at the bottom. Trump will no doubt be having that replaced as soon as.
                    Why?

Comment

• Originally posted by Abe View Post

Why?
                      Eh?
                      it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
                      take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Comment

• Trade wars - the ultimate endgame. It's all about 'Murica innit?

Comment

• Hey Candiman - if it makes you feel better I went to Cheapo records in August and there wasn't a great deal of interest there (for me at least but it's horses for courses innit). A whole lot of walking for very little in the way of records. Owner was nice enough though. That east coast trip looks great. The family is planning a similar trip next year but Boston south towards Carolina.
                          I know your game Lionel! I can see what you really are!

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	bettie.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	1047351

A tennis instructional series and the inspiration for a band name.

Dave Lee Roth, I Too Am Running With This Devil Of Which You Speak (sic)

Comment

• Originally posted by Brass Monkey View Post
                              Hey Candiman - if it makes you feel better I went to Cheapo records in August and there wasn't a great deal of interest there (for me at least but it's horses for courses innit). A whole lot of walking for very little in the way of records. Owner was nice enough though. That east coast trip looks great. The family is planning a similar trip next year but Boston south towards Carolina.
                              It was a fantastic trip all round. Our daughter is 30 and son 27 now so to have a family holiday was a real bonus too as it's a few years now since we have had one.

I would have been looking for Soul 45s and Jazz albums in Cheapo so don't know if there were many of those?

Comment

• Originally posted by candiman View Post

I would have been looking for Soul 45s and Jazz albums in Cheapo so don't know if there were many of those?
                                Very definite NO on the jazz LPs. A less confident NO on the Soul 45s - I'm not the most diligent of diggers.
                                I know your game Lionel! I can see what you really are!

Comment

Working...
                                X