Clear All

• bongolia
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	1044925

bit of a snub to Smetana and Dvorak there...

Leave a comment:

• Head Gardener
    replied
    I picked up these 2 great, original mid 70's film festival posters at the car boot yesterday - £5 each!

Leave a comment:

• candiman
    replied
    This chazza is part of a local chain. They seem to have their own "station" which maybe a mix of bought in playlists interspersed with a local announcer. Music is always good in all branches I go in and probably the same if it is a "station " , except it always seems even better in this one particular branch - just the timing of my visits maybe.

We have a few of the Lounges (cafe/restaurants) in our area. They also have bought in playlists with lots of good stuff. Remember being surprised to hear Bettye Swann - My Heart Is Closed For The Season once. Not a run of the mill soul 45 I think you will agree. Just happens to be one my treasured 45s too.

Leave a comment:

• bongolia
    replied
    Susumu Yokota CD playing in my local Oxfam earlier. But varies a lot depending on staff. Often terrible

Leave a comment:

• candiman
    replied
    Day to day digging ...... sounds...

My new favourite chazza actually failed to have anything worth buying this week after a good run over the last couple of months. But it scores on two counts because the piped music playing is always suberb. So although the digging was over quick on my last visit I hung around listening to Miles Davis (So What).
    Helene Smith was playing a couple of weeks ago.

Leave a comment:

• Milesago
    replied

Name:	heroes.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	129.8 KB
ID:	1043924

Now I look at it again, I wish I'd bought it.

Name:	lisac.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	1043925

Removing black ink from a 70s yugoslavian matt sleeve? Forget it.

Leave a comment:

• amidar
    replied
    Wish my local tip had a shop but the council and neighboring borough seem to be pretty strict on their recycling policies so I don't know what happens to all the good stuff, I should investigate. I long for my youth where you could just go bin diving in the dead of night for old 70's hifi gear and other assorted goodies but nowadays they are like fort knox run by wannabe policemen!

Leave a comment:

• Head Gardener
    replied
    Originally posted by bongolia View Post
    Indo Jazz Fusions!

also records in waist level front-facing bins - luxury!
    I was only second one in! timing mate, timing

Leave a comment:

• babycart
    replied
    Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post

I thought you were kidding with 'Karate Dog' but I see it's a real film.
    Indeed it is. It features Academy Award winner Jon Voight fighting a big talking dog in Matrix-style bullet time. .

Leave a comment:

• bongolia
    replied
    Indo Jazz Fusions!

also records in waist level front-facing bins - luxury!

Leave a comment:

• Head Gardener
    replied
    better luck this lunch-time at the tip shop, all fresh stock at 50p a pop

Leave a comment:

• Shere Khan
    replied
    Originally posted by babycart View Post

That dvd of Firehouse Dog should help turn your frown upside down. Excellent film which makes a great double bill with Karate Dog.
    The Change Up was quite good, too.
    I thought you were kidding with 'Karate Dog' but I see it's a real film.

Leave a comment:

• babycart
    replied

Originally posted by Head Gardener View Post
    initial excitement at seeing what was under the coats in a local charity shop was soon dashed when I saw their condition,
    an original UK mono Blonde On Blonde too...

That dvd of Firehouse Dog should help turn your frown upside down. Excellent film which makes a great double bill with Karate Dog.
    The Change Up was quite good, too.

Leave a comment:

• Shere Khan
    replied
    Originally posted by Head Gardener View Post
    initial excitement at seeing what was under the coats in a local charity shop was soon dashed when I saw their condition,

'Blonde on Blonde' or 'Firehouse Dog'? No contest, it's 'Firehouse Dog' for me every time.

Leave a comment:

• Head Gardener
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X