Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head Gardener
    replied
    it's £10 though is it worth a blind listen on a tenner?

Leave a comment:

• eine
    replied
    Yes, would have bought that too. Would have been interested to hear the creative differences between Mick and Eric.

Leave a comment:

• bongolia
    replied
    don't think it's folk, looks more like jazz or lounge to me from the tracklisting and line-up. I still would have bought it though, especially with a version of Scarborough Fair and vibes in the band

Leave a comment:

• Head Gardener
    replied
    saw this strange folk album out and about - took a pic to dig for more info online but have hit a brick wall of nothingness.
    Does anyone know more? It's from 1972 released on a hand drawn label called Primrose Records and is signed on the back
    by the guy who plays vibes called Mick Webber - the sleeve is very thin semi-glossy card

Leave a comment:

• bongolia
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	183.0 KB
ID:	1047064
    Just spotted this on an inner sleeve, don't think I've seen a stamp for anything similar before...

the record does sound nice and clean though

Leave a comment:

• Milesago
    replied
    Originally posted by Grim Lounge Cowboy View Post
    The only copy with a sleeve which the band are known to have chewed themselves. See the footage on Youtube.
    Ah, now it makes sense. Think of the celebrity DNA to be harvested!
    Let me know if you want me to pick it up for you, I'm sure it's still there, but better hurry. Once word gets out...

Leave a comment:

• Grim Lounge Cowboy
    replied
    The only copy with a sleeve which the band are known to have chewed themselves. See the footage on Youtube.

Leave a comment:

• Milesago
    replied
    Saw this in a kringloop this lunchtime. It was impossible to get a good photograph of it because of the sun streaming in from behind, so I've had to manipulate the colours of the original image to make the title legible. It's a copy of Great Hits LP, a 1969 Rolling Stones compilation in the Musik Fur Alle series which was issued many times over and which you can pick up minty for under 10 euro. There are German, Dutch and scandanavian issues, and possibly others.

Click image for larger version

Name:	rstones-rodent-food.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	141.1 KB
ID:	1047021

As you can see, one corner has managed to survive the insect / rodent feast that's obliterated much of the cover. There's also a large tear on the front near the bottom (I didnt want to type front bottom in case that drew the wrong sort of crowd). I asked if it was a test pressing or in any way unusual and was told no, it's just 'really rare'. Price? 5.95

Leave a comment:

• Head Gardener
    replied
    Originally posted by theeman View Post
    Didn’t Linda sing BVs on Video killed the radio star?
    my wife said yes, that's true - she knows about these things!

Leave a comment:

• theeman
    replied
    Didn’t Linda sing BVs on Video killed the radio star?

Leave a comment:

• Head Gardener
    replied
    eat your heart out Elon Musk!

Leave a comment:

• bigfatolly71
    replied
    Originally posted by reza View Post

about every 4 months , I'll give you a heads up next time its on, and yes I'm from same town as you , sunny bmth
    haha nice one,I actually live in Poole,not far from that auction house,I usually say Bournemouth as everyone recognises it,Poole usually needs explaining.

Yes let me know by all means when the next one is .

Leave a comment:

• Carlitos
    replied
    Originally posted by babycart View Post

1972 is definitely the year of Borriquito.

And the flippin' "Y Viva España" too.
    Last edited by Carlitos; 17-09-2018, 06:49 PM. Reason: Language, Timothy!

Leave a comment:

• babycart
    replied
    Originally posted by reza View Post
    Never seen the Tossa one, but those Vacaciones records were released in loads of resorts with a different photo on the same cover design.
    Holiday lp classics like El Bimbo and Entre Dos Aguas were still to come, but 1972 is definitely the year of Borriquito.

Leave a comment:

• reza
    replied
    Originally posted by bigfatolly71 View Post
    The photos Reza has posted look like an auction house not far from where I live.

There is also a tip shop in that same building with the inevitable gash records that I usually waste my time digging through in my town.

Reza do you know how often they have the music auction ,it looks quite interesting?
    about every 4 months , I'll give you a heads up next time its on, and yes I'm from same town as you , sunny bmth

Leave a comment:

Working...
X