X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shere Khan
    replied
    Originally posted by Head Gardener View Post

it is coupons you know not the full ciggy!

Enough for an Iron?

Leave a comment:

• Head Gardener
    replied
    Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post

Not that bad- there's almost enough for 1000 Embassy there.
    it is coupons you know not the full ciggy!

Leave a comment:

• Shere Khan
    replied

a grim day...
    Not that bad- there's almost enough for 1000 Embassy there.

Leave a comment:

• Head Gardener
    replied
    I found this old daily sales and purchases book for one (of three) 2nd hand shops in Wolverton, Milton Keynes circa 1978/79 that my dad ran at my
    mums house yesterday and I have not seen it for over 40 years. I worked there in my early teens and yes, I was paid in records, I guess this is where
    my vinyl passion started. It's a selected snap-shot of the sales and purchases in the shop from a time before car boots and charity shops and I just wish
    there were photos of them, they ran from 1973 to 1980.

a grim day...

Leave a comment:

• candiman
    replied
    I was one of the 15,000 to go out and buy Killing An Arab on Small Wonder. Still got it and it's survived in NM condition. Never bought much else of theirs at the time though.
    I was impressed with their Glasto set this year (saw it on the telly).

Leave a comment:

• Head Gardener
    replied
    I must start by saying this record and poster etc are not mine but belongs to a friend, we had been chatting about the bands we used to see in
    a pub in Milton Keynes in the late 70's, my claim to fame was seeing The Specials AKA and The Undertones among others in the tiny venue in MK.
    For some reason, maybe it was because there was another show in town although I cannot remember what, but I decided not to go and
    see this band called The Cure who were on there first tour, I had just never heard of them at the time. My friend did however go to see them
    and took his copy of their album Three Imaginary Boys to the gig along with some other bits and bobs he had related to them like some
    press pics his mate at the local paper had given him as well as a poster he's got from a local record shop advertising their debut single.

He has had these things literally in his attic along with some other stuff for 40 years, (the mind boggles what he has kept but then again I'm just as bad!)
    So today I met up with him and I had to take some pics of the record and poster as these items and in this condition are virtually unheard of these days.
    He has no plans to sell them as he's still a keen collector but I thought I would share them with you as they are quite incredible.

My guess is each member has signed next to the household item they relate too.

They also signed the inside sleeve - note Robert Smith writing middle top where he's written 'my house'

1st press release & photos

A tiny stamp sized unused sticker with a pic of Lol Tolhurst

Promo poster which came from a record shop in Northampton fully signed in the middle which he told me hasn't been out of the record sleeve since May 1979! crackers.

Leave a comment:

• Head Gardener
    replied
    haha, yes well I already have them stashed away in a perfect place officer

Leave a comment:

• collectionneur maniaque
    replied
    he wanted £25 for it so gave it a miss
    Dommage! This would have sit nicely in your cabinet de curiosités plus a top place to hide the drugz

Leave a comment:

• Head Gardener
    replied
    yes, upon close inspection its some kind of bunsen burner! pretty obvious really considering the explosive chemicals just waiting for ignition

Leave a comment:

• Milesago
    replied
    Not sure it's a bell, some kind of burner possibly? The whole thing looks fantastic. I'd have been sorely tempted to buy it (and my wife would have given me her absolutely-under-no-circumstances glare) though I never had much interest in chemistry. It's just that reflex to own interesting looking things... I especially like the hole in the lid. Great photos. Seeing this at a carboot would have made my day.

Leave a comment:

• Head Gardener
    replied
    I saw the guy and his chemistry set at the car boot today, he wanted £25 for it so gave it a miss, but took a couple of pics to see what treasures were inside.
    2 layers to the box, not quite sure what the bell is for...

Leave a comment:

• Head Gardener
    replied
    found early this morning at a car boot

"wot, no records?"

Leave a comment:

• candiman
    replied
    Originally posted by bongolia View Post

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190510_121728.jpg
Views:	553
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	1050589

I hate it when I see records stacked like that. You have to be dedicated to plough through them. It usually means creating your own stacks on the floor as you go through them and then you get funny looks form shop staff as they think you're rearranging their shop. Display them properly in the first place!

Leave a comment:

• bongolia
    replied
    Not cheap though. 2 pounds a record! even with the damp and light covering of plaster and cracking paint.

i thought it was some empty shop for several years, until I actually saw it open once last year whilst doing a sort of CSC that I never got round to posting up. The records were mostly terrible, but I did buy one - and possibly the best find of the day. Went back a second time a few weeks ago and bought a decent 12" but that was partly out of sympathy and partly because leaving empty handed after looking through all those LPs again seemed stupid

Leave a comment:

• Shere Khan
    replied
    Originally posted by bongolia View Post
    a charity shop near me. and this is after some decorating work (the wall in the first picture was much worse last year)

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190510_121312.jpg
Views:	556
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	1050587

That looks like a proper charity shop. You rarely see them like that anymore. We've lost so much.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X