Bidpay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bidpay

Someone has just made a payment to me using Bidpay even though I don't offer that as an option. Will I get charged for cashing this into my bank account? The Bidpay website isn't very clear on this. As far as I can work out I might get charged. Or I might not. Anyone who has had any experience in this I'd appreciate any info? Cheers.

I've had several auctions paid for by bidpay (from UK & European buyers), and never incurred a fee to cash them. From what I recall, the buyer pays a flat fee based on the amount they're requesting. The only odd thing I saw on their website was something about a UK Pound Sterling fee, whatever that nonsense is.....
    http://three-sixty-five45s.blogspot.com/

Comment

Cheers chaps. I'm being paid in dollars. Does that matter? I wasn't given the option but as djr mentioned it does state on the bidpay website that it's $5 to be paid in pounds.

The thing that concerns me is that the Bidpay website calls them 'money orders' and when I looked into getting US money orders cashed at my bank (Lloyds TSB) I was told I would be charged to cash it and it would take some time to do so as they use a third party to do this.

Nice CDs btw guys. I listened to both of yours yesterday.

Comment

Sounds like you're gonna get stuck with some sort of fee somewhere, either your bank to cash a MO on USD or Bidpay. Not sure I understand why the bidpay fee falls on the seller. Shouldn't that $5 fee be paid by the buyer of the money order? Some of these fees from bidpay, paypal, etc., are just ridiculous. They just nickel and dime you to death.
        http://three-sixty-five45s.blogspot.com/

Comment

The buyer pays $5 to use Bidpay for every purchase and then the seller has to front up the cash to convert in pounds. It's all highly confusing. I only used Bidpay once a few years back to buy some records and vowed never to use it again. Maybe this will work out okay and I can offer it as an extra payment option. Appreciate the help once more though. Now if you can just tell me where I can find a decent selection of crisps/kettle chips in Poole everything will be fine. Damn greedy bastards round here have left me with no choice at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Blighty
            The thing that concerns me is that the Bidpay website calls them 'money orders' and when I looked into getting US money orders cashed at my bank (Lloyds TSB) I was told I would be charged to cash it and it would take some time to do so as they use a third party to do this.
            this is what happened with my bank. apparently it was going to cost 12 quid to accept a single money order of any value and could take 8 weeks to cash. i'd insist on cash in registered airmail instead.

you're right, they're not cheques - they're Western Union money orders. you might be able to cash them through a Western Union outlet in the UK?
            http://www.blaxploitation.com
            Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

I guess I just have to wait and see what happens. It's on it's way so it's seems the best thing to do. I just wish people would read the payment info before they bid. Or read the info on the invoice. Or just ask. Ah well! Merry Xmas to all.

Comment

www.auctionpix.co.uk offer a conversion service for USD cheques and money orders (including those sent through bidpay). Once registered with auctionpix you send them the cheques/MOs and they return you a GBP cheque or they can pay the money in GBP directly into your bank a/c if preferred. The rate of exchange is not fantastically generous but it's vastly preferable to a 12.00 GBP bank charge.

Comment

Working...
                X