looking for cheap accomodations in Tokyo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for cheap accomodations in Tokyo

i've been doing random searches for cheap accomodations through google and haven't really found what i'm looking for. I came across a couple of hotels that were reasonably inexpensive but I'd like to know what else is out there. the last hotel I stayed at 2 years ago has since jacked their prices so i'd like find something a little more affordable.

i'm looking for any hotel that is:

-under ¥8000 per night

-central Tokyo location preferred. shinjuku or shibuya would be ideal but not necessary.

I haven't decided on an exact date but I'll probably be there from early to mid march. i'll be there visiting family again but will be stopping off in Tokyo for my yearly record binge.

anyone?

The best advice I can offer is to get your family/friends out there in Japan to find the accommodation for you. There are weekly magazines that offer the best prices on hotels, and these prices are far far better than anything Iv ever found on the net, and Iv googled for hours (believe me I out the work in.).
    This year I stayed in an amazing hotel right by the Prada building in Omotesando and it cost £40 a night!!! You’d struggle to get a flea pit in London for that price.

The other choice is ‘weekly mansions’ which if you strike lucky can be great bargain.

And lastly if your not carrying to much luggage ‘Capsule hotels’ Iv stayed at one for two nights running and loved it, no stress at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Parkz
      The best advice I can offer is to get your family/friends out there in Japan to find the accommodation for you. There are weekly magazines that offer the best prices on hotels, and these prices are far far better than anything Iv ever found on the net, and Iv googled for hours (believe me I out the work in.).
      This year I stayed in an amazing hotel right by the Prada building in Omotesando and it cost £40 a night!!! You’d struggle to get a flea pit in London for that price.

The other choice is ‘weekly mansions’ which if you strike lucky can be great bargain.

And lastly if your not carrying to much luggage ‘Capsule hotels’ Iv stayed at one for two nights running and loved it, no stress at all.
      thanks. staying with friends/family won't be an option for me, at least in Tokyo it won't. my mom lives up north in the middle of nowhere so i'm gonna have to do the business hotel/ryokan thing when I get to Tokyo. do you remember the name of the hotel you stayed in at Omotesando? do they have a website? the capsule hotel idea won't do, I plan on buying an assload of records so i'll need some space to keep my things ^_^.

btw, which magazines are you speaking of? Metropolis? Japan Times?

Comment

Originally posted by mech1
        the capsule hotel idea won't do, I plan on buying an assload of records so i'll need some space to keep my things
        blimey, how big is your ass then?!?!

My brother stays here: a bit studenty fairly cheap - normally around £20 a night BUT you have to be inside the building by 10.30pm or you get locked out! If you're just going record-hunting then this shouldn't be a problem. They have lockers you can rent too.
        new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

Have you considered the Ueno area of Tokyo? There are a few cheap hotels around there. Very easy to catch a tube from here to the more fashionable districts.

Last time I was in Tokyo I stayed at the Ueno Park Hotel. It was fairly cheap but it may not be cheap enough for you.
          records - one a week mixcloud
          records - one a week soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by mech1

btw, which magazines are you speaking of? Metropolis? Japan Times?

Sorry to take a while replying were moving house and in a state of chaos at the moment.
            Anyway the magazine you need is called 'Jyaran'.

They also have a website.

Comment

Working...
            X