Red KPM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red KPM

Can anyone help out with any info on the red covered KPM records I think they are late 60's. Is there much good stuff on them. Cheers.

I believe they're actually compilations of tracks that were previously released on KPM 78s - not sure whether there's anything decent on them. KPM probably stopped doing 78s at some point in the late 1960s, but I think by then the best stuff would probably have been on the green 1000 series LPs.

Not too helpful, I'm afraid - if only KPM 78s weren't so damn tricky to find......

Comment

Music Scene libraries

Thanks for the reply the ones I have listened to are all a bit boring. I am know looking to find some info on a Italian library series.

They are called "Music Scene" music for radio television films. If you have any clues that would be great. Cheers again.

Comment

KPM "red Series"

I like some of this lp's. Some feature alot of Syd Dale tracks. Lots of jazzy-crime tracks with heaps of bongo and fuzz guitar. The only gripe is they feature alot of short 5 second "stabs" and "stings".
        My current faves are KPM 36 and KPM 37.

Cheers,
        David S.
        God bless Fatso.

Comment

Ooh, they sound nice - but then I'm a sucker for any LP with a Syd connection!

Anyone know when KPM stopped doing 78s? The only one I've got's from 1960, which is no use at all!

Dan Dare - no idea about Music Scene, sorry. What do you know already, if anything?

Comment

I know I have a few Music Scene lps tucked away in the archive somewhere. I'll dig them out sometime.
            www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Nice one guys- Yeah 36 and 37 are pretty nice they have a different sound to the beloved 1000 series but it's a good one.

The reason I was curious about these and the music scene is I am in the process of acquiring a little library collection and wanted to know what they were like before I splurged.

I have them know and I am just working my way through them.

Thanks for the help. Dan.

Comment

KPM red series

Hello Mr Dare.

Can you tell me which KPM's you have? I need the catalog numbers.

Cheers,

David
                God bless Fatso.

Comment

Sure I will get them to you no problem.

Comment

the 'music scene' serie was the Library arm of the Vedette label - alot of it is conected to Armando Sciascia - also known as H. Tical (blue phantom) - he may have been the founder.
                    http://www.iueke.com/

Comment

but vedette were library also? no?
                      www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

yep - it gets confusing - 'music scene' was a serie on the vedette library. anyway Sciascia is amazing..
                        http://www.iueke.com/

Comment

red kpm

Originally posted by soundsville
                          Hello Mr Dare.

Can you tell me which KPM's you have? I need the catalog numbers.

Cheers,

David
                          Hi David _ sorry it took so long but here are the catalogue numbers for the Red KPM I have.

KPMLP
                          2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,2 2,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,31,32,33,34,38,39,40,41,42,

Comment

Originally posted by iueke
                            yep - it gets confusing - 'music scene' was a serie on the vedette library. anyway Sciascia is amazing..
                            I have quickly listened to some of these and so far they are very nice. The funkiest so far is MSE 120 Expieriences in 'Rhythm Design and Colours in Todays Pop Music'.

I only have about 30, numbers 101 -130. I will keep you informed of what I hear. Dan

Comment

Do the numbers tie up with the ones on the KPM Play site?

http://www.kpm.co.uk/kpmcode/main/guest.cfm
                              My Mixcloud

Comment

Working...
                              X