Question about Import Duty (again!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Import Duty (again!)

I know this topic has been brought up before, so apologies, but what is the deal?

My understanding is anything over £18.00 incurrs duty. The only purchases I've ever paid duty on is Dusty Groove parcels. Although they reduce the prices on the invoice I still keep on having to pay anything from £13 to £18.

I've never paid duty on any ebay or Gemm orders but I usually only have 2 or 3 records at the most. Whilst my Dusty order always has 6 or 7 records.

Now I just paid another £13 on records that according to the invoice came to £17 (unless I've got my exchange rate wrong) so is it something to do with the size/weight of the parcel (No. of records) or the purchase according to the details on the invoice.

Please let me know cos I'm most reluctant to make another Dusty purchase whilst this bastard government is screwing me for tax!
    "Don't get involved in the f**kin' chat pages. It's just full of arseholes talkin' sh*te non-stop"

Where second-hand records are concerned, I've always understood the threshold to be about £18, in terms of value and not weight. The last time I bought some used vinyl from the US the seller thankfully put the whole lot down as something like $10 and that was for about 8 LPs.

Not sure why you've been stung like that...maybe the threshold has been lowered?

Comment

I've had a few Dusty orders recently as well as plenty of other Overseas parcels.

I had been stung a couple of times in the past with import but found that when asked, DG would state the value as lower (ie. under $30)

If they are stating this for your parcels then I don't understand why customs are charging you - perhaps send them a copy of the "special" invoice to confirm what you "paid" and ask for you charges back!

...but as Harry Hill would say..."What are the chances of that happening , eh?"

B***ARDS!

Comment

Cheers for that information.
        "Don't get involved in the f**kin' chat pages. It's just full of arseholes talkin' sh*te non-stop"

Comment

Working...
        X