Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NRR: Mac OS X Virus - Flashback

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • NRR: Mac OS X Virus - Flashback

    75,000 UK Macs may be infected.

    This might help.

    Bit drab there, sorry.



    After you've Googled the above just to check I ain't blagging you, listen to this...


  • #2
    to be pedantic, it's a Trojan not a virus!

    Comment


    • #3
      and to be the complete tosser that I am, isnt it nice to see macs finally getting hit


      oops sorry shouldnt have said that should I
      Give a man a tree, He'll take a forest!

      Comment


      • #4
        My Mac has been hit I am pissed! Something popped up about Malware about a week ago whilst I was surfing the web and then this morning I woke to loads of bounced back emails and texts telling me that I have sent out an advertisement for some boutique.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by eclipsechaser View Post
          and to be the complete tosser that I am, isnt it nice to see macs finally getting hit


          oops sorry shouldnt have said that should I

          Especially seen as I ain't got any protection on mine!
          "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Y1000 View Post
            My Mac has been hit I am pissed! Something popped up about Malware about a week ago whilst I was surfing the web and then this morning I woke to loads of bounced back emails and texts telling me that I have sent out an advertisement for some boutique.
            That sounds more like your email has been hacked (most likely you have reused your email password on some poorly-protected website) rather than your Mac itself.
            MUSHRUMPS Daily party-prog MP3 blog

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
              Especially seen as I ain't got any protection on mine!
              perhaps an overdue task eh sayers!
              Give a man a tree, He'll take a forest!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by ashra View Post
                That sounds more like your email has been hacked (most likely you have reused your email password on some poorly-protected website) rather than your Mac itself.
                Hacked email

                I changed my email password on another computer this morning so I hope that will work. I read some of the information on the Flashback virus and I can not think of any websites where I put my email password into. I need to run the test programe and see for certain if this Trojan is on the Mac. Its due a rebuild but being forced to do one is very boring.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by bongolia View Post
                  to be pedantic, it's a Trojan not a virus!
                  Dude, play to your audience, how many people here can't short link?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by eclipsechaser View Post
                    and to be the complete tosser that I am, isnt it nice to see macs finally getting hit

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      They still look really cool even when they're seething with filthy code though, eh?
                      Vardy.....¬°¬°¬°PELIGRO!!!

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X