Off ebay sales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off ebay sales

Reading back I think my last post on this didn't clearly ask the question I wanted to ask. Which is basically - if someone asks you to sell off ebay shortly after you list a thing, I assume there is a very good chance they think it'll go for lots of money and want to get it cheaper. If thats the case you might as well let the auction runs its course as the chance of it going for more than they offer is more likely than the chance of it not selling.

And if it does not sell you can always try and sell it direct.

Any tips?
    Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

The only drawback to letting the auction run is the gamble that at least two people prepared to go all out have seen the item - the auction price is only going to be however much the second highest bidder decides is their limit.
    You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich Hero
      The only drawback to letting the auction run is the gamble that at least two people prepared to go all out have seen the item - the auction price is only going to be however much the second highest bidder decides is their limit.
      This is absolutely true. I am particularly thinking that this bod may know the market for the item better than me. They may have tried for the item a few times and have lost and so the only reason they have to make an offer is they believe it will be bid up even higher.

So I am basing my decision on the assumption that they know more than me.
      Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Working...
      X