Cherrystones Mix.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cherrystones Mix.

Don't think this was ever posted up. Its bloody lovely and soothing me into the week very nicely.

http://www.poptones.co.uk/media/cherrystones_261004.htm

> Mighty Baby - Eyptian Tomb
    > Happy Time - Tim Buckley
    > Gilberto Gil - Volkswagon Blues
    > The ESPers - Flowery Noontime
    > Black Sabbath - Planet Caravan
    > Harmonium - Cluster
    > Six Organs of Admittance - This Hand
    > Wooden Wand and the Vanishing Voice - Return of the ...
    > Third Ear Band - Dragon Lines
    > Christine Harwood - Never Knew What Love Was
    > Annette Peacock - Pony
    > Heaven and Earth - Feel the Spirit
    > Devendra Banhart - Little Yellow Spider
    > Rupert Holmes - Pina Coleda

> Dion - Wonder of Fame
    > Shellac - Rambler Song
    > Jackson C Frank - Can't Get Away From My Love
    > Velvet Underground - Sweet Jane
    > The Seeds - Travel with Your Mind
    > Dave Hamilton - Blue Funk
    > Coco Rosie - Madonna
    > Can - Spoon
    www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Gonna have a listen when I get home, lookinf forward to that

Comment

Is that Devandra this new singer/songwriter guy who sounds like Marc Bolan's Tyrannosaurus Rex?
      http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

Originally posted by ladyboygrimsby
        Is that Devandra this new singer/songwriter guy who sounds like Marc Bolan's Tyrannosaurus Rex?
        TIS INDEED HIM. BLOODY BRILLIANT ALBUM. WORTH GETTIN'
        MODZ
        Hero No.9
        Last edited by Col Wolfe; 09-12-2009 at 10:37 PM.
        THERE MIGHT BE ANOTHER CRIPZ AT SOME POINT ITS HARD TO SAY

Comment

Originally posted by SARGE
          TIS INDEED HIM. BLOODY BRILLIANT ALBUM. WORTH GETTIN'
          As a teenage disciple of the Cosmic Elf, it was putting me off him somewhat when I listened to the album. All I'd say to young Devandra is stay away from Barnes Common and don't drive a Mini, especially if Gloria Jones is in the driver's seat.
          http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

Six Organs of Admittance is the real deal for the new free-cosmic-psych-folk stuff for me. Crazed stuff.

Lacking any broadband has anyoen got a burn of this they'd swap - I did a best of 2004 comp with both Banhart and 6 Organs which wouldbe a good swap.

The Mighty Baby track is particularly great too.
            Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Six Organs of Admittance are just wicked. Their lp is dropping on the incredible drag city in feb. All of cdr lps Ive heard have been totally ace.

Check white magic also on drag city. Proper mental new folk.
              www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

As a teenage disciple of the Cosmic Elf, it was putting me off him somewhat when I listened to the album. All I'd say to young Devandra is stay away from Barnes Common and don't drive a Mini, especially if Gloria Jones is in the driver's seat.
                Amen.
                album sounds like mbolan/eels/terry callier not on acid but its a grower.
                Gloria jones loved me.
                MODZ
                Hero No.9

Comment

...and don't drive a Mini, especially if Gloria Jones is in the driver's seat.
                  Surely that's just common sense, not driving a car when someone else is in the driving seat? Especially if it's something the size of a Mini...

Nice mix by the way - it's been helping the day just sail past.
                  Last edited by Rich Hero; 18-08-2010, 11:36 AM.
                  You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich Hero
                    Nice mix by the way - it's been helping the day just sail past.
                    Agreed...did y'all pick up hidden charms?
                    MODZ
                    Hero No.9

Comment

Cherry Popping

I Am Just About To Take Some Time Out Of My Hectic Schedule , Putting Up Some Sodding Ikea 'floating' Shelving -sometimes I Hate Myself For What I Have Become -and Then I Am Going To Get Off On The Cherrystones Mix-it Looks Cracking.
                      Rupert Holmes Though...good To Se Dion Getting A Look In -his Late 60's /early 70's Output Is Sheer Genius And Deserves More Recognition- I Have A Spare Copy Of His 7" Of Purple Haze / Dolphins [fred Neil/tim Buckley] Anybody Want It?

It Has To Be Heard To Be Believed -great For Warm-up /chill Out Sets..
                      Rockwell
                      Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Originally posted by flytipper
                        I Am Just About To Take Some Time Out Of My Hectic Schedule , Putting Up Some Sodding Ikea 'floating' Shelving -sometimes I Hate Myself For What I Have Become -and Then I Am Going To Get Off On The Cherrystones Mix-it Looks Cracking.
                        Rupert Holmes Though...good To Se Dion Getting A Look In -his Late 60's /early 70's Output Is Sheer Genius And Deserves More Recognition- I Have A Spare Copy Of His 7" Of Purple Haze / Dolphins [fred Neil/tim Buckley] Anybody Want It?

It Has To Be Heard To Be Believed -great For Warm-up /chill Out Sets..

me me me me me me me me
                        MODZ
                        Hero No.9

Comment

Dion He Is Purple And He He Is Good When He Doesn't Wander

Send Me Your Address Again Sarge Boy-the Water Is Not As Wide As It Is Long-i Will Need A Day Or 8 To Dig It Out But You Own It Already..
                          Simon Morecambe [son Of Eric]

And Ernie..
                          Rockwell
                          Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Get Loose With The Bruce

ANYONE OUT THERE HAD THE BALLS TO SPIN BRUCE'S WICKED 'LUCRETIA McEVIL' [BLOOD SWEAT AND TEARS TUNE] OUT?

I DID IT A YEAR OR TWO BACK AND NO ONE BATTED AN EYE..

COME DANCING INDEED - CORKING HAMMOND SOLO TOO !!
                            Rockwell
                            Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Originally posted by sermad
                              Six Organs of Admittance are just wicked. Their lp is dropping on the incredible drag city in feb. All of cdr lps Ive heard have been totally ace.

Check white magic also on drag city. Proper mental new folk.
                              Their on the list to check out. I have at least 7 6 Organs albums now and even went to Boston to see them at a Psych Festival a few years back. Along with Jap psych heros Ghost. mmmmm. The memories are flooding back now.
                              Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Working...
                              X