• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting talk coming up by Bob Stanley

At the ICA:

A Girl, A Clown, A Blackboard: Trade Test Transmissions

Wednesday 25th April

"Bob Stanley of St. √Čtienne presents a talk covering the development of Test Cards over the years, and his fascination with the music that accompanied them."

A pity it clashes with Brillo over in Shoreditch - but I'll be making a mad dash from one to the other!
    "Ridicule is nothing to be scared of"

www.myspace.com/illustratedlondonnoise*********illustratedlondonnoise.blogspot.com

Originally posted by pitch View Post
    At the ICA:

A Girl, A Clown, A Blackboard: Trade Test Transmissions

Wednesday 25th April

"Bob Stanley of St. √Čtienne presents a talk covering the development of Test Cards over the years, and his fascination with the music that accompanied them."

A pity it clashes with Brillo over in Shoreditch - but I'll be making a mad dash from one to the other!

Can I admit to "collecting" testcards on here?

Probably not...

Comment

BBC Manchester threw away loads of specially made testcard music LPs a few years back (alongside an almost complete run of late 60s/early 70s KPMs/DeWolfes) all of which were badged as "BBC Coded Music Scheme" albums. Some weird stuff on some of these, which seemed to be made up of random Polish orchestras/Telemusic cues plus odd things like tracks from the Dean Ford & The Gaylords (stop sniggering at the back...) album. Well, the ones I saw did, anyway.
      Drastically reduced to 72p

Comment

ISTR that Senor Trunk had one of the Test Card Circle chaps on his show a while back, which was one of those programmes that resets the view on how detail-focused some, um, ah, hobbies can become.

Comment

Working...
        X