Hair!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hair!

Lets get back to talking about shite records eh.

Never seen this cover before. Obviously Im not trying hard enough!

Looks like they took the 'witchi tai-to' geezer and stuck a bad 'fro on him.

www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Hair shite?!! Blaspheme!!!!! Don't make me set angry Christians on you. This one isn't that great is it. Even if it is Bruce 'TOTP' Baxter at the helm. Did Bruce do anything good apart from that groovy Star Wars album?

Comment

Originally posted by sermad
      Never seen this cover before...
      Have you ever been in a charity shop before?
      You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

coincidentially I found this one today too, and hadn't seen the cover before either

I got the australian release on summit, altho it was pressed by pickwick in the UK - fascinating !

Comment

Originally posted by sermad
          Looks like they took the 'witchi tai-to' geezer...
          Hang on, you mean to say you didn't know that was John Schroeder on the cover? Time for some remedial classes Sermad...
          You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

serious? That was john s?

Hand on heart I don't own one john schroeder record. Or go into charity shops and buy shite records.

Infact. WHAT AM I DOING HERE?

Comment

Yeah, the Hero's gonna have you bang to rights on this one Serm's... you know you're messing with Hair completists!

it's not a good 'un as I remember... but them again, you know me and hair ( cue 100 "Phil-Mitchell-a-like" jokes from Rich... )
              If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Originally posted by Blighty
                Hair shite?!! Blaspheme!!!!! Don't make me set angry Christians on you. This one isn't that great is it. Even if it is Bruce 'TOTP' Baxter at the helm. Did Bruce do anything good apart from that groovy Star Wars album?
                He did a 7" on Sonet called "Hit Machine" by Hit Machine which I like. Sounds like a PatricK Adams disco tune meets bonkers glam guitarist.
                Endless Tripe

Comment

Originally posted by Blighty

Double LP '50 Popular TV Themes' Definetly underated charity shop material.

features a nice version of the persuaders theme and 'the good word' (nation wide)

and mad drum break material on the (liver birds theme)
                  Earfuzz

Comment

I got 'Hair ' by james last,
                    Earfuzz

Comment

The only 'hair' I really really really really want is the dennis coffey one. Ive worn my bootleg version of this out. Its awesome.

Comment

Where is my man Guzzo @?
                        He got the heat when it comes to Hair!!

I copped the Marble Arch one that Spinna used, that shits dope. And also the Aquarius Age one, thats cool too!

John Sangster's AHEAD OF HAIR is pretty sick... JuJu from The Beatnuts copped my double recently at a very hefty price from a Japanese store...

peace.

Comment

Originally posted by son of stan
                          He did a 7" on Sonet called "Hit Machine" by Hit Machine which I like. Sounds like a PatricK Adams disco tune meets bonkers glam guitarist.
                          Yes, that one is rather marvellous, isn't it? And it was the b-side too! Why throw away a decent tune like that, Bruce??

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Sheep
                            Where is my man Guzzo @?
                            He got the heat when it comes to Hair!!

I copped the Marble Arch one that Spinna used, that shits dope. And also the Aquarius Age one, thats cool too!

John Sangster's AHEAD OF HAIR is pretty sick... JuJu from The Beatnuts copped my double recently at a very hefty price from a Japanese store...

peace.
                            Right here!

My first post back on Vinyl Vulture. I've been after that John Sangster for a little bit but admittedly I have yet to hear it. Currently I have somewhere arond 30-40 different Hair albums, some really good, some nothing but cheesy badness that only a fanatic like me and Mr. Hero wold be interested in.

For those that havent seen it I made a 10 LP review of various Hair albums on Soulstrut.

http://www.soulstrut.com/features/ish/1003/guzzo.php

Most recent intersting version I got as of late was a swiss cast version. Still have a whole lot of quesitons about other cast LP's. Anyone know how many versions of this came from Mexico? Did Israel have a second more disco version of this that came out in the late 70's? and most importantly, who has a really cheap copy of Dennis Coffey's or John Sangsters version for me?

I know that the Nutsons have some pretty crazy versions that I'd love to get at. If they post here I'd love to get a response from them as well another look at album cover photos thay had up on Soulstrut a while back.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Thames
                              Yes, that one is rather marvellous, isn't it? And it was the b-side too! Why throw away a decent tune like that, Bruce??
                              It was also used as the backing for a vocal b-side of an obscure UK reggae record (can't remember what that's called, a mate of mine played it to me ages ago)
                              Endless Tripe

Comment

Working...
                              X