Hammond on the Culture Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hammond on the Culture Show

Nice wee bit on the Hammond's 70th birthday on the culture show just now. Nice clips of Jimmy Smith and the Spencer Davis Group playing outside Sainsburys.

Why does James Taylor look older than Keith Emerson though?
    "..hole...road...middle thereof"

don't ask!
    We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

Nice one Lee..... repeated at 11:20 (after Newsnight) for you dirty stop ups

So, I'll be catching it then !
      Matt Hero

Comment

Bollocks! Was that the piece presented by Greg Boraman from Rev. Cleatus?

I've been wanting to see that!

Comment

Originally posted by Belson

Ah, so that's who he was! When they said that a piece on the Hammond was coming up, I was expecting some old fart to do a bit on his favourite Klaus Wunderlich bossanova, so I was really quite pleasantly surprised at the article.
          Don't call it a comeback... H, N, and the number 7.
          Ok, it's a bit of a comeback, I suppose...

Comment

Originally posted by Belson

Sh** - I missed it too. Greg's gonna kill me, the tart. .....I'll tell him he was fantastic...and not mention I didn't see it

Hopefull one of the the Soul Savious have taped it for prosperity (and future piss takes/sample opportunities...)

Comment

I was quite taken back when he popped up on screen.... Kaiser Chiefs though what's that all about then ? Orlando Pirates more like !
              Matt Hero

Comment

Originally posted by LDJB
                Nice wee bit on the Hammond's 70th birthday on the culture show just now. Nice clips of Jimmy Smith and the Spencer Davis Group playing outside Sainsburys.

max respect to the B3....ALL HAIL THE DRAW BARS OF JUSTICE........FUK YEAH.
                MODZ
                Hero No.9
                Last edited by Col Wolfe; 09-12-2009 at 10:37 PM.
                THERE MIGHT BE ANOTHER CRIPZ AT SOME POINT ITS HARD TO SAY

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Hero
                  I was quite taken back when he popped up on screen.... Kaiser Chiefs though what's that all about then ? Orlando Pirates more like !
                  I quite like 'I Predict A Riot'. Much better than Keane*

Entertaining piece too - I most enjoyed the footage of Keith Emerson manhandling his Hammond onstage. Will you be something for the anniversary of the rainstick Si?

*Which is known as 'damning with faint praise'.
                  You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by LDJB
                    Isn't it obvious? Who plays the better music? Obviously Keith Emerson has sold his soul to the devil...
                    You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

did anyone else see Keith Emerson playing Jack McDuff's right hand parts at the Jazz Cafe not long before Jack died? a bigger conflict of Hammond styles would be hard to find. respect to KE for stepping in though - we were all genuinely thinking that Jack might not make it until the end of the gig.
                      http://www.blaxploitation.com
                      Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

Working...
                      X