Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decent Vinyl Shops in Midlands area?

hi im new here.
    just thought id ask if anyone new any decent second hand vinyl shops in the west midlands.
    im from birmingham and ive been thru all the shops here loads and loads of times and never really seem to find much. i travel to nottingham regularly for selectadisk and bobs records but apart from that i dont know anywhere else. so if anyones knows anywhere good please let me know. im waiting for the car boot season at the moment and need a good few hours lookin thru old records. cleaned all the charity shps in bham out last week and only found about 5 records which were any good.
    anyway like i said if anyones knows of anywhere good let me know. thanks
    instagram.com/vinylhoard

Henry's in Burton on Trent is always worth a look.
    "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

I'd second that, only been in once but very nice it was too.
      Mixes, compilations and the like

Comment

East Midlands, I know but does that Boogaloo shop in Leicester still exist? Loads of US 45s all very reasonably priced last time I looked..
        Endless Tripe

Comment

'fraid that Boogaloo has gone the way of many shops of late... "can't afford the rent, I'm just doing internet only now..."

.. proper shame that, had some magic 45's off Mad Paul... ( inc "Rockerfella Jones", Rich Hero )

If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Apart from the very great Rob's and Selectadisc (which you know) and Big Apple in Hockley, I've not found much in Nottingham, though shops do come & go (usually in the West End Arcade opposite the library - there's a guy does a lot of Metal/Rock up there, with other stuff mixed in, if you can get at his racks - he's as bad as Rob for inaccessible stock, and about twice Rob's prices, too). No idea about West Midlands, I'm afraid...so no help whatsoever, in fact. Ah well...
            a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

thanks for the help.
              think i may just have to take a trip down to london even though ive heard that its quite expensive down there.
              last time i was down in london i was with my girlfriend who wasnt rreally interested and wanted to go sight seeing so i was stuck in the shall i continue looking here or please the girlfriend...
              only found 2 records.

anyone know of any decent car boot sales?
              the ones by me are closed intill april
              instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

yeah, do it, you can get the train from b'ham to london for under 20 sheets. drop us a PM if you're coming and we'll give you some spots to check out.
                http://www.blaxploitation.com
                Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

Originally posted by Sie Vulture
                  'fraid that Boogaloo has gone the way of many shops of late... "can't afford the rent, I'm just doing internet only now..."

.. proper shame that, had some magic 45's off Mad Paul... ( inc "Rockerfella Jones", Rich Hero )

shit, thats a shame...one of the first shops i started picking funk etc up from when i was about 12/13....good bloke him (bit nutty though)....
                  http://soundcloud.com/benjaminhatton

http://mixcloud.com/benjaminhatton

Comment

(quote)
                    last time i was down in london i was with my girlfriend who wasnt rreally interested and wanted to go sight seeing so i was stuck in the shall i continue looking here or please the girlfriend...

Always ditch the girlfriend imho. she'll get over it when you play her the amazing records you found.

Comment

Working...
                    X