Canadian postage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian postage.

Anyone had an LP shipped from Canada recently? I've just been quoted USD 9.39 for surface or USD 21.45 for air, which seems a bit excessive. I don't think the guy's trying to stiff me but I don't remember the cost being that high last time I ordered from north of the border...
    You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

seems a little on the rich side rich, Canada is zone 1 same as the states and they should post for between 7 - 10 squid depending on the various gravitational properties. I've paid that much myself tho if it makes u feel any better.
    MODZ
    Hero No.9
    Last edited by Col Wolfe; 09-12-2009 at 10:37 PM.
    THERE MIGHT BE ANOTHER CRIPZ AT SOME POINT ITS HARD TO SAY

Comment

Originally posted by Rich Hero
      Anyone had an LP shipped from Canada recently? I've just been quoted USD 9.39 for surface or USD 21.45 for air, which seems a bit excessive. I don't think the guy's trying to stiff me but I don't remember the cost being that high last time I ordered from north of the border...
      Bloody hell! Would be more realistic if he was quoting you in Cannuck $

Did you get the LP cheap? Looks like he's trying to make some mark-up on you
      new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

Originally posted by Col Wolfe
        Bloody hell! Would be more realistic if he was quoting you in Cannuck $

Did you get the LP cheap? Looks like he's trying to make some mark-up on you
        Reasonably. Warm Dust's first for twelve bucks? He doesn't come across as a scamster, but he may simply be getting lost in the postal maze, like when US sellers don't realise that LP's can be set by letter post...
        You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Is it for standard airmail, which most canadian sellers price at the same as US rate of around $10 - $12? I have been quoted (and asked to look up when selling myself) rates for 'tracked' post, which I've been quoted up to around $28 USD for in the (fairly) recent past. Plus, if you don't ask your PO for 'small packet rate' on international mail, you can end up quoted standard letter rate airmail, which is more expensive (at least going FROM the UK).

Is he amenable to clarifying what service he's using, as it might well explain the high price (about double what I've ever paid for US or Canadian packages to the UK)?
          a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

?!

I'd say the $10-15 dollar range is pretty standard. Unless he's sending it in a lead lined mailer. . .just ask him to check this again.

Most sellers are fairly reasonable about such issues and will readily revise their charges. . . at least in my experience!

Comment

Originally posted by Rich Hero
              rich

i don't think it's the same rates. i've noticed canada seem to cost more (and take longer) for surface rate than usa. same with airmail - slightly more expensive and longer delivery.

of course it's down to the seller as well to some extent. but what you're being charged seem a bit too expensive. i'd say $15.00 for airmail, $10.00 for surface.

Comment

I just got 3 LP's from a seller in Canada. Cost of postage wa $22. Take from that what you may.
                "Don't get involved in the f**kin' chat pages. It's just full of arseholes talkin' sh*te non-stop"

Comment

Working...
                X